Finally got my Cobra Tuned!!

applecarguy

Established Member
Finished my engine break in a couple weeks ago and I finally got my car tuned yesterday. It was tuned by Bob Kurgan through GTR High Performance in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.

Build thread for my Cobra: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...mp-Orange-Cobra-Build-(PIC-HEAVY!)&highlight=

Here are the specs on the car.
Built motor: 9.5:1 compression, stock heads, stock cams, upgraded springs and retainers.
Posi Ported Blower -- Posi Ported Dragon Plenum -- Dragon TB -- JLT CAI
2.75 upper pulley -- 4lb Lower
JBA Shorties -- Bassani Catted X -- Magnaflows
60lb injectors -- BAP
91 Octane. Approx 95* outside while the car was being tuned :bored:....

Car is on hoosiers and I was told that they would lower the power numbers on the dyno. It was spinning pretty bad too which is why we had 2 people in the trunk lol.

It made 516HP/525TQ at 15lbs of boost.

[youtube_browser]35LHz8Rss0k&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]TLZUwmM22ao&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Awesome numbers man! Can't wait for Bob Kurgan to tune my car when it's done.

applecarguy

Established Member
Awesome numbers man! Can't wait for Bob Kurgan to tune my car when it's done.

Thanks! Yea its gunna be sick!

Those are solid numbers.. Kurgan FTW :rockon:

Thanks! yea I'm happy with my numbers!

Is the long block basically set up stock?
No head work?
Those are great numbers for a Posi Port and supporting mods.

SV

Thanks!! Yea pretty much stock long block setup besides raised compression and a couple other things. Had my crank polished, Stock manley rods, new manley pistons ceramic coated, rings gapped for high boost. ARP hardware all around. Amazingly well balanced rotating assembly car is really smooth. No headwork they were just resurfaced.

Congrats great numbers

Thank you!

Rambro

Established Member
Nice numbers. Man.. I keep going back and fourth on my port combo. Do I do 2.76 or 2.93 with a four pound lower? Go return and E85 or keep costs down and just do a BAP and 60's? I guess I'll just go where the budget at the time takes me. How do you like that pulley combo on the street? A lot of folks say its too aggressive but I can't think of anyone that's run it that's not liked it.

applecarguy

Established Member
Nice numbers. Man.. I keep going back and fourth on my port combo. Do I do 2.76 or 2.93 with a four pound lower? Go return and E85 or keep costs down and just do a BAP and 60's? I guess I'll just go where the budget at the time takes me. How do you like that pulley combo on the street? A lot of folks say its too aggressive but I can't think of anyone that's run it that's not liked it.

Thanks man! I really like my pulley combo. I will say yes it does get the blower hot pretty quick if you do a few decent pulls, but I still prefer the combo because most likely I will be running my car on the track so I will have time to get it cool down. For a port/pulled power level there is not really a need for return system and e85 unless you are trying to squeeze ever last little bit of power out of the eaton.

Users who are viewing this thread