Votes: 43 10.1%
  • Put the stock hood back on.

Votes: 23 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stvdman

Established Member
I just have to say THIS WILL BE one of the VERY few exterior mods done to my car, I LOVE that CF hood painted that why, GREAT F'N JOB!

blownCOB

Established Member
hey people , i can get good deals on carbon fiber hoods, just like the one he has, by this comapny called carbon fiber one.www.carbonfiberone.com. they give me good discounts and they told me they will give a bigger group discount if a few are intrested. they told me to just post up on some mustang forums to see if any one whould be intrested. pm me if anyone is intrested.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
blownCOB said:
hey people , i can get good deals on carbon fiber hoods, just like the one he has, by this comapny called carbon fiber one.www.carbonfiberone.com. they give me good discounts and they told me they will give a bigger group discount if a few are intrested. they told me to just post up on some mustang forums to see if any one whould be intrested. pm me if anyone is intrested.

Thats cool you posted this, but it looks like they only make a 03 hood and it doesnt look CF, now if they made the Cobra R or RR hood then I would be in!

kennycoulter

Established Member
i hope i can cuss on here, and not get in trouble. but it looks nothing less than ****ing amazing. i had the idea with all my other mustangs, but didnt know you could get a stock height carbon hood. leave it, or sell it to me.

MikestangSVT

Established Member
yea usually, i'd have to say the carbon fiber look turns out ricey, but the way you did it, is NOT ricey at all. It actually looks ridiculously sexy and is my current background :beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
pipeliner said:
It looks like crap with those rims. Give me the ccws and put the stock rims back on and ill like it. :coolman:

LOL, sounds like a good idea! :beer:

i hope i can cuss on here, and not get in trouble. but it looks nothing less than ****ing amazing. i had the idea with all my other mustangs, but didnt know you could get a stock height carbon hood. leave it, or sell it to me.
Thanks man! :beer:

Mikestang - thanks man! I am glad you guys like it :beer:

you do know that the epoxies used for this are UV-sensitive, right? CF is meant to be painted. i suppose if you dont mind it turning yellow or whatever color its going to turn.......
Yes, I have heard something about that. But, there really isn't much I can do. I cant stop the sun from shining, lol. There are tons of cars with CF hoods, most of them completely unpainted. I have also seen a few cars with designs like mine, half painted half not. So if it is going to turn yellowish eventually, then it will happen to all of us. Not much I can do :shrug:

Impact 5.0

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
you do know that the epoxies used for this are UV-sensitive, right? CF is meant to be painted. i suppose if you dont mind it turning yellow or whatever color its going to turn.......
Thats why you take it to you local paint shop and have a good clear coat painted over it....I have heard that will protect the carbon from the UV rays.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
9Venom9 said:
Thats why you take it to you local paint shop and have a good clear coat painted over it....I have heard that will protect the carbon from the UV rays.
Definitely did that :beer:

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
A very detailed/custom look - I think that is one of the best ideas I have seen in a long time. Definitely keep it as you have it now...nicely done!

~Darren

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Looks freakin' phenomenal!

I know it has been said around a thousand times, but it really does look great.

Would you mind pm'ing me where you got it? I'm thinking about trying it out on my mineral gray. I'm thinking it would look good as well.

Cheers,
Pete :beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thanks for all of the great responses everyone! I am honored that you guys have kept this thread going since 6/04 :bowdown:

And guess what, after a year and two months of having the hood, I have finally made my decision to keep it. I am officially going to KEEP the hood, lol :rockon:

If it wasn't for you guys I would probably still be undecided on if I like it or not. :bash:

pete - PM sent :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread