Finally got my 12.

kaos

Established Member
:rockon: :rockon:

I was in the 12's all day. I started it off with a 12.98. Sweet the monkey was off my back.

Best run:
1.72 60'
8.2 @ 84.49
12.86 @ 106.15

This is actually my favorite run:
1.678 60' :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: (stock IRS!!!)
8.18 @ 83.86
12.87 @ 105.30

I was totally impressed that I could get such a low 60'. I knew it was good as soon as I left. That made my day.

Then I killed my clutch on the next run. It still works, but I did a nice burnout without the tires actually spinning. LOL!!! The stupid track guys focked me up and in my inexperience I screwed up too. I guess I was trying to do the burnout on dry pavement. OUCH!!! I couldn't quite tell that my tires weren't smoking and the clutch was since I had did a previous burnout that I stalled on. I backed up quickly to get into the burnout box, but the workers weren't being really helpful with their signals. So I started to do the burnout again and the previous smoke threw me off as I continued to do my dry burnout on ET streets. At least until my car filled with clutch smell.

Also after I line up with smoke coming out of my hood like crazy they let me make my run and don't say anything. I was expetecting them to say something, but they just looked at me. So I line up and I drive very easy down the strip making sure that I can still change gears. Oh well, live and learn. It was time for an upgrade and I got what I wanted. Stock clutch, 50,000 or 30,000 miles on it, 60-70 passes, 20+ on et streets.

The stupid DA was still over 1000 and we were hoping for some negative DA. Stupid low pressure system that was coming in.

Last edited:

PiMpOnAnR1

JIBBIES!
Established Member
kaos said:
:rockon: :rockon:

I was in the 12's all day. I started it off with a 12.98. Sweet the monkey was off my back.

Best run:
1.72 60'
8.2 @ 84.49
12.86 @ 106.15

This is actually my favorite run:
1.678 60' :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: (stock IRS!!!)
8.18 @ 83.86
12.87 @ 105.30

I was totally impressed that I could get such a low 60'. I knew it was good as soon as I left. That made my day.

Then I killed my clutch on the next run. It still works, but I did a nice burnout without the tires actually spinning. LOL!!! The stupid track guys focked me up and in my inexperience I screwed up too. I guess I was trying to do the burnout on dry pavement. OUCH!!! I couldn't quite tell that my tires weren't smoking and the clutch was since I had did a previous burnout that I stalled on. I backed up quickly to get into the burnout box, but the workers weren't being really helpful with their signals. So I started to do the burnout again and the previous smoke threw me off as I continued to do my dry burnout on ET streets. At least until my car filled with clutch smell.

Also after I line up with smoke coming out of my hood like crazy they let me make my run and don't say anything. I was expetecting them to say something, but they just looked at me. So I line up and I drive very easy down the strip making sure that I can still change gears. Oh well, live and learn. It was time for an upgrade and I got what I wanted. Stock clutch, 50,000 or 30,000 miles on it, 60-70 passes, 20+ on et streets.

The stupid DA was still over 1000 and we were hoping for some negative DA. Stupid low pressure system that was coming in.

what mods you have?

kaos

Established Member
Thanks guys. Sorry about that I thought I had the sig on.

Everything is listed in my sig and I was using the stock predator tune. I also ran race gas and I played with the predator adding +2 to timing and leaning it out a bit, but it didn't make much of difference since I don't really know what I'm doing. My mph on the stock predator tune was 105.41 and my best was 106.15. I'm not even too sure that my playing with the predator made all the much of a difference because the last run with all the settings from the previous high mph was 105.30.

I really wanted to swap the JLT CAI to the JLT RAI but never got around to it.

Here are the mods.

Magnapack CB & Catted X-Pipe - MM coil-overs 350/575 - M/M CC plates - JLT CAI - 18' Y2K Cobra R's - 4.30 gears - Predator - PST Carbon Fiber DS - ET Streets 26x11.5x16 - MGW Shifter

Oh yeah, I took out the passenger seat and the back seat. The back seat took off 42 lbs and the passanger seat was about 42-44 lbs. I weighed everything so my numbers are as accurate as my scale.

Last edited:

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
Nice numbers and you should be glad your clutch was slipping. I don't know how well that IRS would have really liked a good launch w/ the slicks.

kaos

Established Member
Tony 96 Cobra said:
Nice numbers and you should be glad your clutch was slipping. I don't know how well that IRS would have really liked a good launch w/ the slicks.

I wouldn't know what dumping the clutch is like. If I'm ever in the position where I have new halfshafts, I would like to dump the clutch until the shafts break to see how long they last. No real reason other than curiosity. I won't know the feeling of 6500 rpms drops until a solid goes in.

I'm actually surprised the clutch has lasted this long. All my launches I rev to 6000 and slip the clutch out and then go wot right after. That's some wear and tear on the clutch and it held for a long time. I wonder if I hadn't screwed up, how much longer the clutch would have kept going.

kaos

Established Member
Some eye candy. :):):)

wrinkledsig.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread