Finally got into the 11s in my 97 Cobra!

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I went to the track this weekend with the hopes of breaking into the high high 11s. First pass, forgot to turn on the bottle :bash:.

Second pass missed third. :bash:

Third pass the stars aligned and I knew I had a clean pass. Launched around 4000 and banged gears at 6000 rpms- and this was the result.

IMG_20140913_142956093.jpg

For mods the car has the following:

4.30s
Intake/ exhaust
Hoosier QTPs and skinnies up front
Comp engineering rear shocks, fox 4 cyl springs up front, stock front struts and stock K member.
Little bit of weight reduction (3300 with me in it)
150 shot and supporting mods.

I was actually pretty amazed how quick this car went with the little bit of work I put into it. It hasn't even been dyno tuned lol.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
On the spray it makes power lower so shifting at 6 actually picked up mph compared to shifting higher.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Its a wet kit and I'm pulling some timing. I believe I have around 19* total timing. I checked plugs at one point and they were chalky white so I pulled more timing. Car runs pretty good. I expected the motor to be blown when I bought it 5 years ago and its been a tank. I'm tempted to try for tens on a stock engine. When it finally breaks its getting an 03 cobra short block, small centri, and still gonna spray a 150 shot.

Users who are viewing this thread