Finally got in the 9's.....did I cheat??

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
Ran a 9.98 @ 140 riding an 05 GSXR 1000! SOME people say i cheated lol, i worked my ass off to get it though...ran 9 10.0's chasing the single digits that today

05 1000, +2 rear sprocket, exhaust, power commander, lowered and front end is strapped down....i weight about 200 unsuited.

[youtube_browser]5l1K_bkL8ic[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]uxVkvPW5D1Y[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]1DB-jtBzen0[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]uj4UT7bHEyI[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]-KSgqeoDCsc[/youtube_browser]

oldmodman

Established Member
Cheat?

How can anyone call any pass cheating. Unless you are running in a particular class and have a bigger motor than is legal, or some other mod there's no cheating.

And if you stop bogging the motor you should be able to run a couple of tenths faster. Better riding isn't cheating either.

My best on my old 1975 Kawasaki Z-1 with a turbo kit was 9.52 @ 157
Some people used to say that a turbo or nitrous was cheating. Bullshit!
Fast is fast.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
Good job. Being in the 10.0's can be frustrating, I know I'm there now with my ZX14, lol.

HA, you will get it! Stretched 14 is has high 8/low 9 sec capabilities!

Cheat?

How can anyone call any pass cheating. Unless you are running in a particular class and have a bigger motor than is legal, or some other mod there's no cheating.

And if you stop bogging the motor you should be able to run a couple of tenths faster. Better riding isn't cheating either.

My best on my old 1975 Kawasaki Z-1 with a turbo kit was 9.52 @ 157
Some people used to say that a turbo or nitrous was cheating. Bullshit!
Fast is fast.

lol the cheating thing is more of a joke, maybe my buddy will chime in if he catches it ha ha. They all have mustangs so its a car vs bike thing

And about the bog....i used to slip the hell outta the clutch so she wouldn't bog, but i'm cutting better 60's letting it pull through first and bog down a bit, best 60 was that pass at 1.74. It's hard not to bog with such a slight gearing change....-1 in front +2 in back would help with that a lot but then the front end gets light so easy.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
here is the view from my buddys bike, a Triumph Daytona 675. Kinda funny to see the difference between his 10.84 vs my 10.0

Watch in fullscreen....

[youtube_browser]Udr3puFZC5M[/youtube_browser]

CanuckSnake

Established Member
HA, you will get it! Stretched 14 is has high 8/low 9 sec capabilities!

lol the cheating thing is more of a joke, maybe my buddy will chime in if he catches it ha ha. They all have mustangs so its a car vs bike thing

And about the bog....i used to slip the hell outta the clutch so she wouldn't bog, but i'm cutting better 60's letting it pull through first and bog down a bit, best 60 was that pass at 1.74. It's hard not to bog with such a slight gearing change....-1 in front +2 in back would help with that a lot but then the front end gets light so easy.

Ya, I know but I'm fighting traction issues. What rear tire are you running? I don't really want a race tire because I put a lot of miles on it and getting caught in a rain storm with a race tire isn't high on my priority list. Whats your track elevation?

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
Ya, I know but I'm fighting traction issues. What rear tire are you running? I don't really want a race tire because I put a lot of miles on it and getting caught in a rain storm with a race tire isn't high on my priority list. Whats your track elevation?

Not sure of elevation. Located in Clay City, KY

I'm now running a Michelin Pilot Pure 2CT rear. Holds really well. You are running into traction problems probably because you are extended. Lower it front and rear and get a front strap which will help tremendously with traction. I would at least go with a pilot power 2ct tire which is a great middle tire between street and race. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One X

SupraBL71GTS

200mph
Established Member
congrats on the 9s ;)

i was on the same boat, ran a couple 10.0 but didnt manage to get it in the 9s, i did a [email protected] on my K7 1000 weigh about 190lbs suited. Only mods were yoshi dual slip on, cat delete and BMC street filter. Lowered the front end a bit but didnt strap it

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
congrats on the 9s ;)

i was on the same boat, ran a couple 10.0 but didnt manage to get it in the 9s, i did a [email protected] on my K7 1000 weigh about 190lbs suited. Only mods were yoshi dual slip on, cat delete and BMC street filter. Lowered the front end a bit but didnt strap it

Thanks man! i've been following your threads....i wish i was able to jump right in and go extended, nitrous, etc etc

I think i'm actually going to finish out the year at stock wheelbase, and try to get consistent in the 9's and hopefully get down into the mid-low 1.6x 60' times. If i'm still into it next year, i'll start with extensions and an air shifter.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
considering most people couldnt even hold onto the handlebars launching a 11sec bike let alone a 9sec pass.......id say no cheating here, only skillz to pay the billz.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
BIKE IS FOR SALE!! $5900 OBO....let me know if anyone wants details. At least I got my 9 second pass.

05 Suzuki GSXR 1000 For Sale, Immaculate condition, MUST SEE!

IMG_20120906_190555.jpg

IMG_20120906_190617.jpg

IMG_20120906_190607.jpg

IMG_20120906_190834.jpg

IMG_20120906_190626.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread