Finally got a daily beater!

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
OK, figured if I am gonna keep breaking the Cobra and I also plan on turning it into a pretty much track car I need to get me something to drive around. So I went out last night and got me a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4.

Great driving vehicle, smooth, leather interior, heated seats. 4.0 inline 6 cyl. Very reliable and not too bad on gas either. Will be nice to have through the winter time. So i guess that means time to start getting serious on the Cobra. Will be receiving all my parts for the clutch in the next couple of days. I think I am gonna pull the rear soon too and get rid of those stock 3.27:1 gears in favor of a nice set of 4.30's or 4.56's. possibly an eaton 31 spline magnetic locker (aacts as a LSD until you lock it up, and the 03 cobra halfshafts. IRS Brace and then build up that rear suspension and get me a nice set of BFG drag radials mounted to a set or 16 x 7 Old GT wheels. Take out some weight, add some soft springs to the front with some adjustable struts set to full soft and then get started heading for that mid to low 12 second range.

Then I start shooting for my 11's N/A! with the IRS. That is my new goal. I want to retain the stock 4.6l of displacement and no power adder whatsoever. I want to break 11.99's like this. After I reach that goal then I start saving and prepping for my turbo'd 5.0L Cammer.

:rockon: :banana: :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread