finally going back to the track fri. what will I run!

03svt01gt

Established Member
So this friday if the weather stays nice ill finally get back to the track. In the past two and a half years I have raced once. So its nice to go back. So I'm sure it is going to take a little to get the feel for it again. Anyways what will I run! I will be in a 2001 mustang gt
Auto
Slp lt headers
O/r x pipe
Magna pack exhaust
Bbk cai
Accufab tb
Ported stock plenum
Diablo box tune
Eiback pro kit
Just has nitto 555s 245 also has passenger and rear seats out and a gutted trunk.
It is going to be a project car so this is just the baseline. I'm hoping to atleast hit 13s if the tires hold with no weight over the tires. Oh, it has 230,000 miles on it too haha.

Stanger00

Established Member
Bring the tires down to low 20's psi and see if it will hold a flash converter launch. If not foot brake until the car wants to break the tires loose and see if it holds if not try again with less rpm on the foot brake.

I was able to get my auto GT N/A with only CAI, under drive pullies, 70mm TB, magnaflow cat back with 245/45 Goodyear gatorback a to 13.6 and that was with stock 3.27 gears. I did run a best of 13.4 with a drag radial 3.73's and a box tune.

03svt01gt

Established Member
thanks. I have gears sitting in the garage waiting already. And stall and suspension parts coming in the fall. I know I have to much weight in the front right now. Ill try lowering the tire pressure too. Two years ago I could cut a best of 2.0 60ft so I'm hoping to atleast match that again

01SilverGt

Established Member
I wouldn't buy any parts for that car. Your going to need a motor soon. I'd up your shift points to atleast 6k with those stock gears. If your car doesn't get in the 13:s it's because it's tired.

03svt01gt

Established Member
That's what I figured the reason would be if it doesn't touch 13s. And I know the motor is on its last leg. But I am going to keep it going until it goes boom. And then building a motor. I'm only going to use it for ra
Cing so if its down for a couple months I don't mind

03svt01gt

Established Member
I never made it in. Once I got to the gate they announced it was closing so did a u turn and left. Ill keep a eye out for you next time tho.

03svt01gt

Established Member
So I finally made it to the track. Car is rather slow but I expected it. These are the three best times.

60' 2.13
1/8. 8.9
1/4. 13.865
Mph. 97.4

60' 2.12. Spun
1/8 8.9
1/4. 13.88
Mph. 100.02

60' 2.04
1/8. 8.9
1/4. 13.91
Mph 88. Hit brakes. I was ahead and it was eliminations.

I think I can hit 13.5 with more practice. Just no power at all under 4000 rpms

Users who are viewing this thread