Finally getting my car back...ignition question.

adammdennis11

Established Member
Car went in to have a new clutch and all associated items replaced, I had a 3 core pro charger cooler installed, replaced the smaller cooler that was in there, had my fuel system replaced, went with the 03/04 cobra tank with the 2 pumps, replaced all the lines, etc. Car is on the dyno and it's shutting off at 6100 rpms if and only if you push the clutch in to the floor at 6100 rpm, like I would be when I was shifting.. if you let it die back down a little bit it does not shut off... I still have the stock ignition, stock coil packs ect..the tuner said he was going to check the plugs and change the gap to see if that helps..if not what are my options? Replace the coil packs? If so stay oem or something like msd? What about ignition? I have new wires.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Adam

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
If you decide to replace the coil packs, stay with stock motorcraft. Their the best out there. You mentioned new wires. Spark plug wires? If so what brand? If they are Ford Motorsport wires, that could be the issue. The quality of them have really went down over the past couple of years. Put the old wires back on and see if it clears up.

Users who are viewing this thread