Finally fixed the ****ing door handle

lizardbreath

Banned
Today I decided enough was enough, I was going to fix the ****ing door handle that keeps coming off everytime I close it. (This is the thing you use to pull the door close on the inside)

History: My door window motor broke like 3 months ago and I fixed it myself (Which was also a Royal PITA) and when I did this I guess I broke the clip that holds the door handle to the door and I forgot to put back in 2 screws.

Now. I put back in the screws but instead of using the metal sport clips that hold them to the door I used washers. This worked much better and allowed for a much tighter feel of the door. Everything else bolted right into place and now my door is actually 100% firm instead of wobbly like the other side which the factory put in. I'm going to go ahead and replace the clips on the other side with rubber washers and make that side firm also.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
yea, i wouldn't mind a couple of pics either. not that my door feels flimsy, i'm just interested in this if i ever have to replace a window motor or anything....

lizardbreath

Banned
9blackcobra9 said:
do u have pics of what your talking about??? i noticed my doors feel flimsy when i pull the shut
Well I can't snap any pictures for you but I can tell you where it is at (mainly because last time I took it apart to replace the window motor the door bazel broke) . There is a panel which you use to pull your door closed that comes off. There are two parts that are holding it in, the top part that comes off easily, and the bottom clip which is clipped to a metal portion of the car. There are two screws after you remove the door bazel that have metal sport clips on them before they enter the door. Replace the metal sports clips with a washer in between the door material and the metal and then re-attach. This makes it a lot stronger and will cause your door to be alot less mobile. If you don't feel like going through all that effort I suggest just re-tightening the two screws that attach to the door itself. This should cut down on the amount of mobility your door panel has.

Users who are viewing this thread