Finally! First Interview

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
As some of you know I recently graduated from college, with my bachelors in business management/marketing.
I was a supervisor throughout college @ UPS, and busted my hump while working 45+ hours/week, plus a full time college schedule in the hopes of it making me stand out from every other needle-dick college grad.

Unfortunately I lost my job at UPS a few months before graduating, and have been unemployed since..

Had my first interview today, it was with ITW brands to be an "area-representative" in the NYC area... Seems like I did fine, and they scheduled me for my final interview on July 15th, where I meet the regional/district manager.

First off does anyone have ANY experience with ITW? They`re a Fortune 200 company that sells commercial application fasteners, think sheet rock screws, cement fasteners etc... I think around 60,000 employees.

Would appreciate some input on the company if possible!
I would be the face for the company in the Metro NY area, since my interview is taking place in a hotel.. which logically leads me to assume theres no office.

Icing on the cake! IF I get the job, I get a company car.... You all know what that means? Bye Bye FWD Accord, Helllloooooooo Cobra.

Pray for me.... and the Cobra.

:beer:

EnvyCobra_03

Established Member
gl man, my step Dad went through something similar with the continuing interviews. most likely they are narrowing the interviewees, as in you may not be the only one going to an interview with the district manager. times are tough, hope it works out in your favor. good thing is is that youre young, plays a big role in hiring these days.

01svtL

Established Member
Congrats. I had my first real interview today as well, after being laid off in March after spending 13 months w/ a Fortune 500 energy company, right out of school. I found out a few hours ago that I have been selected to come back in for round two on Monday. It's not really something I want to do long term, but at this point, I just need SOMETHING.

Users who are viewing this thread