Finally finished!

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i just finished up my black interior conversion.:banana: it got pretty aggrivating towards the end but i love opening the door and not seeing that ugly tan anymore. for those who are interested in doing this to your car heres how much it cost a don't even have $1k in it yet but i still have some ideas for making it even better.

BEFORE:

DSCN1387.gif

AFTER:

DSCN1551.gif

DSCN1555.gif

DSCN1556.gif

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
thank you for saving that car. i too, can't stand the tan interior. just ruins the car for me. looks great

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
That looks really nice...

What pedal/handle kit have you got? Also, it may just be the pictures, but I noticed your dash is the glossy black like mine, but is the lower dash a more grayish kind of black? If so I like the subtle two-tone. No pictures of the rears?

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Damn! The finish product came out very nice. I really like the seats.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Sweet!

I like the Mach 1 seats! What year is that centre console from? I like the cup holders. Not too fancy on my flip out cup holder in my 95.

FR500 steering wheel too??

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i think the two tone effect is just from the top being treated to years of interior products and i had to totally strip that off the lower section. it is the same color when i put interior conditioner on it but it soaks right up. it will blend but i like it either way.

the pedals are mach 1's, the handles and carpet were from american muscle, the cup holders and shifter bezel are from upr, it was extra to get it all polished but it really pops off the black, seats are 2001 bullit's not mach 1's, and the center console is out of an 04.

everyone likes the seats the most and that was the only part that didn't fight me every step of the way. i like them too. best $350 i've ever spent, hell the steering wheel and door handles cost more than that.

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
looks super nice...look in the market interior section there is a door panel part that replaces that carpet part with whatever you want...it looks nasty i think you will probably like it...it would def. be a nice touch to a super nice interior if the guy is still making them

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
if your talking about the ones with the svt logo, someone posted that the guy got into it with someone on this site and got the boot so he is not going to make them anymore. the line was so long anyway. i want the billet inserts but i have to find them first.

HandsomeRob

Established Member
looks nice but ditch the white ac heater plate
looks like pep boys stuff!
other than that those seats are sweet
i would love to get rid of my Black leather seats!!

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

MYSLO4-6

SVT97
Established Member
Hey crash549,

I have a full complete black interior that I'm getting ready to swap in here in the next couple of weeks. I might need your advice and was wondering what was fighting you on this swap??? Thank you in advance for your help.

LDC2335

Established Member
+1 on ditching the white a/c face, but other than that, it looks sick! the seats are A+

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great, kinda flat though.

Report back in a month or 2. I wanna know how well it holds up.

I dyed my halo headrests with the same Duplicolor, and it didn't hold up that well. Headrests don't even get touched at all either.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I don't mind a tan interior in a F150 but it doesn't do a thing for me in a Cobra. You did a great job getting things swapped over for less then a grand.

Users who are viewing this thread