Finally drove the R

SL 1993 R

Established Member
I finally got to drive my R today (after over 18 months).. even though it was only in the parking lot!!!! As some of you might remember, I bought a 93 R that was an old World Challenge race car... The condition I bought it in, was in 100's if not 1000's of pieces... Today it moved under its own power, as I drove it out of my buddies shop, to where I had the trailer parked.. the clutch is a little tricky, it's a triple disc Quarter Master setup, I am so looking forward to getting back out onto the tracks with my new toy...

I still have a few things left to finish up, but it's all down here from here..

The sound is awesome, but I will need some ear plugs to drive this thing with ...:D

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
Cool, another R with race history... Pics, pics we need pics.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by SL 1993 R
The sound is awesome, but I will need some ear plugs to drive this thing with ...:D

Once you get a full face helmet on it won't be quite as loud! Sounds like fun!!

Enjoy it!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
You wouldn't by chance be heading out to Nashville for the 40th anniversary next April would you? #84 would like some company on the track Thursday and Friday!!

SL 1993 R

Established Member
I would love to go to Nashville with it... but I will have to wait and see.. The wife really wants to go to Road Amercia, as she hasn't been there yet... and I had such a good time when I went there 4/5 years ago with my old SVO.. It's just such a long trip from Calif..

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Next September? Perhaps I'll make the trip there too then as I think your car would be great to see!

Users who are viewing this thread