Finally Drove A Trackhawk And...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
@GT Premi Why didn't you consider a Raptor?

I actually did. I like the Raptor. My wife is a big fan of it. However, whatever vehicle we get is also going to be the wife's daily driver, and the Raptor is too big and realistically impractical for our needs/wants in that area. It wouldn't fit in the garage beside the Mustangs and other garage stuff. I don't want a V6, turbo or otherwise (although, I can't get that Cayenne GTS out of my head.) The interior isn't what I'd call luxurious. And I can't imagine it being all that quiet or comfortable with those tires on a long road trip.

My94GT

Established Member
I actually did. I like the Raptor. My wife is a big fan of it. However, whatever vehicle we get is also going to be the wife's daily driver, and the Raptor is too big and realistically impractical for our needs/wants in that area. It wouldn't fit in the garage beside the Mustangs and other garage stuff. I don't want a V6, turbo or otherwise (although, I can't get that Cayenne GTS out of my head.) The interior isn't what I'd call luxurious. And I can't imagine it being all that quiet or comfortable with those tires on a long road trip.

If this is also a DD for the wife and you have the money for the Porsche I’d go that way and not look back.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Just get ze Cayenne, schnell und join ze klub uf Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung, Konstruktion und Beratung für Motoren- und Fahrzeugbau.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
How about a loaded up F150 5.0 A10 with a Whipple? Nice ride, nice interior, will run door to door with a Trackhawk...and will safely meet your towing needs.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

The KO2's are actually quite quiet for daily driving.
They are C load rated for the 17s+ so they aren't the stiffer E loaded rated tires that would reduce comfort.

That being said, if size is a factor, then the tire part is a moot point.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
How about a loaded up F150 5.0 A10 with a Whipple? Nice ride, nice interior, will run door to door with a Trackhawk...and will safely meet your towing needs.

It still wouldn't be a practical daily driver for the wife nor a fun road trip vehicle.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

So let me get this right....

A raptor that is made for any weather, that your wife is a big fan of, and can tow a boat ISNT practical.

But the trackhawk high horsepower not made for all weather, horrible gas mileage SUV, that wasnt made to tow the boat is.

I see.

Makes sense

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

Not trying to convince you. But as previously stated the Raptor's tires are quiet and it makes a great DD. It's ride is way more comfy than my wife's '17 XSport.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
So let me get this right....

A raptor that is made for any weather, that your wife is a big fan of, and can tow a boat ISNT practical.

But the trackhawk high horsepower not made for all weather, horrible gas mileage SUV, that wasnt made to tow the boat is.

I see.

Makes sense

If you'd actually READ the original post, you'd get it. We're not looking for JUST a tow vehicle. A Raptor would not be a practical daily driver for her. She's barely 5'2". Would you want to be climbing in and out of a monster truck everyday? If we were just looking for another toy, sure, the Raptor would be toward the top of the list.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just giving you props for spelling and using quite quiet right :D

You have been quiet for quite some time now. You dive right into their conversation without regard as to who was there to begin with. I too wanted to say something, but it appears you beat me to the punch. Think about the effect of your actions and how this affects the discussion.

It’s almost considered rude, until one considers that you have been part of this site since its inception.

Only an OG of OGs can get away with that. ;)

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
If you'd actually READ the original post, you'd get it. We're not looking for JUST a tow vehicle. A Raptor would not be a practical daily driver for her. She's barely 5'2". Would you want to be climbing in and out of a monster truck everyday? If we were just looking for another toy, sure, the Raptor would be toward the top of the list.

A stock raptor is a monster truck?

Yup you wanting the porsche makes sense now.

Users who are viewing this thread