Finally dropped my L.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I finished lowering my truck yesterday afternoon. 3/5 looks damn good! I am really glad I didn't go with a 4/6. I only have one little problem. I can't find a rack my truck can get up on. I think I have found a place that has one of the lowest racks you can get without using a pit. I am going to take my L by there tomorrow morning and see what they say. Sounds like they will be able to do it. They do vettes pretty easy he said. It took me a total of 10-12 hrs to finish this project. The instructions make it sound so easy. The worst part was getting the stock hangers off. There is cutting and grinding invovled but nothing that would mess it up. Now that it is all said and done I am really happy! I will try to get some pics up soon.

Thanks for all the help,

Helix

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Congrats and can't wait for the pics....sounds like some competition for Larry :D

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Congrats Helix. Just take some short 2x4s with you.
Place a 12in. long 2x4 in front of the rack. Roll up on them and then onto the rack. That's how I do it. :beer:

LightningPhil

Established Member
My L has a 3-4 drop, I don't have any problems with it getting it on a lift. They look so much sweeter when they are dropped don't they? The only problem I've had is that when I turn my steering to the left all the way to the lock, I hear a clanking noise. seems to go away after I drive a bit though... Other than that... you won't hear me complaining

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Glad the guys at sport truck direct got you the kit you wanted. Need pictures!!!!!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Helix
No. I did not notch the frame. There is plenty of room. STD said I wouldn't need to either.

Helix

I see in my crystal ball. "Helix notches the frame in near future."
Very clear pic too. Must be a dsl crystal ball.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread