Finally did the first round of mods on the V...pics and dyno sheet inside

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Had a chance to put the first round of minor mods to the test (intake, upper pulley, ported tb, and tune) Friday night.
Stuggled to get a decent 60' on the all season tires out back and the new-found power, but managed to pull off the following:

60' - 1.89
1/4 ET - 11.55
1/4 MPH - 123.66

Pretty happy with the trap speed...not too shabby for a 4300lb family sedan lol. Planning to take her back out once I get a better set of tires out back and shoot for some 11.3's before the next round of mods.

Awesome! I'm planning on a similar set up to yours, but will add a lower, HX and longtubes to it. Can't wait to get started!

Great video too. Loved the part of the V beating the 5.0! :D

HoustonGT

Established Member
Thanks for posting the video Alex! Any way you could send me the edited video without the music? Want to add it over to the CTS-V Forums, but don't feel like being chastised for being a punk kid with my "urban music" lol

paintless302

Established Member
48825671.jpg

slowandold

Established Member
Trans will be fine with a good tune. Biggest thing is to downshift for it then let it upshift...trans doesnt like to do the drop from 6th to 3rd or 4th on its own...my car is at 685 (for now) and has 24k on the odo - stock trans other than a solid tune from 21st CMC...TFS heads and a post boost shot are next

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Trans will be fine with a good tune. Biggest thing is to downshift for it then let it upshift...trans doesnt like to do the drop from 6th to 3rd or 4th on its own...my car is at 685 (for now) and has 24k on the odo - stock trans other than a solid tune from 21st CMC...TFS heads and a post boost shot are next

How did you like 21st? Get the job done right the first time? Good service?

slowandold

Established Member
How did you like 21st? Get the job done right the first time? Good service?

Matt and John have always treated me well. They also built my last car (wont mention it here, but also LS lol - my wife currently has a 5.0 vert and I had a 600whp cobra FWIW)

They've been good to work with - I think Matt is always on the conservative side of tuning, but I am not chasing a number, I am looking for reliable solid performance. Had a few quirks with the Camaro (570rwhp auto, 2300 maggie) and Matt was quick to work the tune until I was satisfied.

My V was originally built by G Force in Houston - They do nice work, but my V had a few issues that we found when 21st did my pre-purchase inspection (too much boost, tiny generic I/C and trans tune was laughable) - took the car in a week after I took delivery of it and let Matt work his magic. Car has been perfect from the day it left. Matt admitted that he adds very little timing back for Meth...thats fine - it gets hot here, I dont need a meltdown just so I can have a dyno sheet with 10-15 extra hp on it..

Need anything else just shoot me a PM

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Matt and John have always treated me well. They also built my last car (wont mention it here, but also LS lol - my wife currently has a 5.0 vert and I had a 600whp cobra FWIW)

They've been good to work with - I think Matt is always on the conservative side of tuning, but I am not chasing a number, I am looking for reliable solid performance. Had a few quirks with the Camaro (570rwhp auto, 2300 maggie) and Matt was quick to work the tune until I was satisfied.

My V was originally built by G Force in Houston - They do nice work, but my V had a few issues that we found when 21st did my pre-purchase inspection (too much boost, tiny generic I/C and trans tune was laughable) - took the car in a week after I took delivery of it and let Matt work his magic. Car has been perfect from the day it left. Matt admitted that he adds very little timing back for Meth...thats fine - it gets hot here, I dont need a meltdown just so I can have a dyno sheet with 10-15 extra hp on it..

Need anything else just shoot me a PM

You should come out to the Plano meet tonight so we can talk more in depth about this. :)

slowandold

Established Member
Im in a ATS at the moment getting some warranty things handled...if weather cooperates next Friday and I can stay awake I am going to try and make it...

Users who are viewing this thread