Finally did the 04sleeper mod (polished exhaust)

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Got some new tips coming as well.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Very nice, more pics when it gets back on the car. How long did this take you, I need to do it soon myself.

AKcobra

Established Member
I am in the middle of this mod at the grit stage. It takes a long time!!!! I'm 5 hours in, but my exhaust was really bad (dirty). When my buddy came over and saw what I was doing he said "You have a problem.". I said so do you, "You drive a 2011 Camaro!" HAHA! Great Mod takes tons of time!!

dustinjdavis03

Established Member
Is that time estimate doing it by hand?

That was by hand except for the last step. After everything was polished we used a power drill to apply mother's mag & aluminum polish (Mothers® Mag & Aluminum Polish).

You really need to focus on these areas because theyr'e the areas that are visible. I'd hit everything but you can focus on these areas and save a little time.

exhaustarrows.jpg

Where the x's are isn't important because you can't see it past the bend under the car. Make sure you hit the bend really well though because it catches a lot of light.

Last edited:

socialdfan

Established Member
nice work, I know polishing as I used to do my sportbike frames. what a pain but looks awesome when done!

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
That was by hand except for the last step. After everything was polished we used a power drill to apply mother's mag & aluminum polish (Mothers® Mag & Aluminum Polish).

You really need to focus on these areas because theyr'e the areas that are visible. I'd hit everything but you can focus on these areas and save a little time.

exhaustarrows.jpg

Where the x's are isn't important because you can't see it past the bend under the car. Make sure you hit the bend really well though because it catches a lot of light.

Thanks for the advice! :beer:

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Each pipe took me from 4-5 hours a piece. The longest part for me was removing all of the crap on them (leaky diff cover) with the flap wheel. After the wheel, I followed sleepers thread to the point and ended up very satisfied. Truthfully, I didnt think it was hard or tiring at all. Its some work but it truly isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Just get started and you wont wanna stop. I thought about doing these for people but there is too much room for error or not being able fully satisfy that person. Good luck fellas

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

exhaustarrows.jpg

I only did that part of mine and you would have never known it. I love the attention to detail with polishing the entire system, but truthfully you won't see much of it at all once mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread