Finally did it...

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Since getting the new house built I have been considering getting a new truck. Kinda getting sick of having to borrow one for the trips to Lowes, not to mention all the landscaping I will need to do once it warms up.

I took 3 weeks before I finally settled on what I wanted. I test drove all the big three, and yesterday took home my new F-150 Lariat Supercab 4x4. Gotta say its a hella of a truck. I actually think its quieter than my Accord I traded in. (roadnoise the tires on the Accord were kinda loud).

I gotta a good deal on the trade I think anyway. They gave me 17k for my 03 Accord with 18,900 miles on it. I paid 25k and change for it, so its value held pretty good. Then I had to take my wifes grandmother out for dinne (used her employee discount) in it and she really liked the truck till I told her the sticker price :lol1: .

:thumbsup:

cobraracer46

Banned
Did you pay cash for the house and the truck? If not, I would be worried about streching my income too thin paying a mortgage and finacing a new vehicle at the same time. Debt stinks!!!

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
Did you pay cash for the house and the truck? If not, I would be worried about streching my income too thin paying a mortgage and finacing a new vehicle at the same time. Debt stinks!!!

I have well over a years take home pay available between cash and investments. Thats not including employee stock purchase program and 401k and pension. <-- included that stuff cause its there if I get canned but the company is doing good so Im not worried.

I have abit of equity in the house, not sure what the market value is now but Im sure its well over what we paid. Between the work we done so far and the prices in the sub have gone up quite abit since we put our deposit down a year ago.

Only debt I have is house and truck.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread