Finally Broke Through the Wall!

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Ever since I have started racing my truck, I couldn't break that damn 13.5 mark. Of course I am running street tires and no drag bars. Just running Nitto 555 all the way around. I mean it was 13.5 @ 105-106 mark. Well last Saturday that all changed. It was around 55 degrees and we had a nice tail wind. I ran a 13.36 @ 108.51 and I was happy I finally broke that 13.5 mark. So I decided to run alone and I ran a 13.24 @ 108.41. :banana::dancenana::rockon:

The guy in the left lane was a fellow L owner, and he was on slicks, His Mods:cai,upper 2.80, lower 4#er, diablosport tuner, mafia, ported and polished eaton, triple gauge pod w/ boost, voltage, a/f ratio gauges, my own custom exhaust,
1336TimeSlip.jpg

1324TimeSlip.jpg

Lets just say I am excited. And a couple of the other lightnings guys that were out there told me with good tires and bars I can hit that elusive 12.5-12.7 mark. As a side note there track prep wasn't great and I had to ease out of the hole.:fm:

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
so if i run a 8.49 1/8 i should be in the 13.2x or 13.3x? congrats get some slicks!

Last edited by a moderator:

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
so if i run a 8.49 1/8 i should be in the 13.2x or 13.3x? congrats get some slicks!
Tell me about it. As you can tell from the first slip, I am moving down the whole shot. I was sucking up the other lightning pretty quick, but I just couldn't get to the cone first. I think if I lowered the tire pressure and heated up the tires a little more I might get a better time. I was running at 30psi in the tires. And of course heating up the tires is out of the question due to them being expensive as shit.

Taunto

Established Member
u should be runnin faster than that. I have the same mods in my sig and I ran a 13.1 first run ever on bald eagle f1's

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Guys, he obviously has traction issues. You might have run similar ET's but I guarantee you didn't run 108mph stock. Nice runs man. Get some slicks or DR's and some traction bars and give it hell.

EnglishAdam

Established Member
You have the mph there to run a high 12 already but your 60 foot time is killing you.
You need a set of traction bars and some slicks and you will be there.
LFP in Houston do a good set of long bars at an ok price and keep an eye out on the classifieds for some wheels/slicks.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Guys, he obviously has traction issues. You might have run similar ET's but I guarantee you didn't run 108mph stock. Nice runs man. Get some slicks or DR's and some traction bars and give it hell.
Appreciate it. That's what I am getting at. My MPH is there just I am easing out of the whole. If I give it hell then I just spin. I tried launching out of the whole hard but ended up running a 14.12 @ 106.6mph. Just spun out of the whole and had to let off and get right back into it.

You have the mph there to run a high 12 already but your 60 foot time is killing you.
You need a set of traction bars and some slicks and you will be there.
LFP in Houston do a good set of long bars at an ok price and keep an eye out on the classifieds for some wheels/slicks.

I know, it kills me that I should be in the high 12's but I can't break 13's. I think with income tax I am going to invest in some bars or tires, just have to see how much I get back.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member

100% true! 03BLKLIGHTNING ARE YOU A MEMBER OF TEXAS LIGHTNING RODDERS? IF YOU ARE NEXT TIME YALL GO TO THE TRACK HERE IN HOUSTON GIVE ME A HOLLER AND ILL LOAN YOU MY SLICKS! SO YOU CAN HIT A LOW TO MID 12!:rockon: PAIR OF 28X10X16 HOOSIERS!

Last edited by a moderator:

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
100% true! 03BLKLIGHTNING ARE YOU A MEMBER OF TEXAS LIGHTNING RODDERS? IF YOU ARE NEXT TIME YALL GO TO THE TRACK HERE IN HOUSTON GIVE ME A HOLLER AND ILL LOAN YOU MY SLICKS! SO YOU CAN HIT A LOW TO MID 12!:rockon: PAIR OF 28X10X16 HOOSIERS!
Yeah I am, I have the same avatar name there also. I would really appreciate that. I will let you know.

SVT2122

Established Member
Those are awesome trap times, if you come out of the hole a little softer you'll hit 12.6/12.7 on the street tires.

Congrats bro

Users who are viewing this thread