Finally Broke Down and Bought One

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
Well after asking a few questions about buying an SVTF, and checking up on this site pretty regularly for a while, i have finally bought a Yellow '03 SVTF... I'm very pleased with the car, only problem i have is that damn clutch chatter.

Sean McConaha

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
I'll have to take some tomorrow, plan on washing it since its been an un-seasonable 65 degrees in ohio right now, so i'll get her washed and waxed and take some pics for you guys.

Sean McConaha

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
sorry i haven't been able to get any pics for you guys, my computer convientely took a shit on me the other night so i have to get that taken care of before i can do anything... just imagine your run of the mill yellow 03 SVTF and there you go, lol. I just kinda want to get the clutch chatter fixed...would that be something i could make them do under the 30 day warranty that it came with or what? I got it from carmax.

HTPerformance

Yellow SVTfs aren't run of the mill, they are the Euro Package... You got a perty nice on there! And you might want to find out if the previous owner put in an aluminum flywheel, that could be the clutch chatter you are hearing.

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
:rockon: I worked at carmax for 2.5 years! just recently left! Buy yeah you can take it back for anything within the first 30 days!! lets just say i burnt my clutch out on purpose so i could get a fresh start with a new one!:thumbsup: Be picky as possible.. any little noise you hear or if there is a flaw in the paint job you can take it back! If you have any questions pm me and i will give you my cell! I am here for you bro!

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
Would there be anyway to tell at all if there was an aluminum flywheel on it without getting ahold of the previous owner?

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
Definetly have never revved a V6 F150, lol...it revs pretty good though...hmm...i guess it would be cool if there was an aluminum flywheel on there.. and while im on the subject of clutches, a few days ago some spring went flying off of my clutch pedal, i pushed it in to start it and it shot down and hit my shoe, nothing really feels different i was just curious what it is.

my computer fried the harddrive thats what ended up happening with that lol.

19TbirdSC91

SC to SVT...
Established Member
Finally was able to fix the computer and took a couple of poor quality cell phone pictures.

SSPX0529.gif

SSPX0527.gif

SpeedOften

Established Member
Definetly have never revved a V6 F150, lol...it revs pretty good though...hmm...i guess it would be cool if there was an aluminum flywheel on there.. and while im on the subject of clutches, a few days ago some spring went flying off of my clutch pedal, i pushed it in to start it and it shot down and hit my shoe, nothing really feels different i was just curious what it is.

my computer fried the harddrive thats what ended up happening with that lol.
Clutch return spring possibly...? sorta a pain in the arse to replace... It doesn't really effect anything, just holds the clutch up a little higher as well as pulls the clutch back up when you release it - this happens on it's own though...

Users who are viewing this thread