Finally bought a blower

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I have been researching blower set ups for months and kept changing my mind every couple of weeks. I could not decide between kits from procharger, paxton, whipple, and VMP. I would have loved to pick up a turbo but it just wasn't in the budget. I told myself I would hold off until Black Friday and see if any good deals came up.

I knew VMP was going to offer a kit for the Coyotes, GT500s, and Cobras at 25% off (one kit for each platform). I waited until noon when they posted the codes and some how I got it! Ended up going with a Stage 2 Gen 2R kit with a 82mm and PMAS intake. My Cobra had a TVS so im looking forward to getting the Coyote to wake up a little. Car will be tuned on pump but I will have a tune for race gas. Hoping I can get in the 10.50 range in the low to mid 130s in full street trim, :). Should make the 6R80 a little more fun to drive around town with.

I know the 2.65L kits are right around the corner but these 2.3 kits are still holding their own. Looking forward to getting the kit put on and tuned in the spring.

Big thanks to the crew over at VMP Performance for hooking a few people up with a great deal. I really appreciate it and am excited to say the least.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Good choice,
VMP makes a stout blower. I only have experience with procharger but would love to drive or ride in a PD blower car to see how it compares. You installing it yourself or gonna have a shop install it?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I really liked the TVS on my cobra, great power down low and car made good power up top. I really wanted to go a different route than a PD blower and wanted a procharger. I'm really not a fan of the intake placement or the external pulley you add to the crank on the procharger kits. I do plan to build the car eventually and I've read a few people breaking cranks with the procharger when pushed real hard. Other that I think procharger makes a great set up and the easiest install for any blower on the market today.

I'm confident that I can do the install myself but I will more than likely take it to Jason over at Competition Speed and Sound #TRBOVNM. He's literally five minutes down the road and has a lift. I will be involved with the install for sure but between Jason's rates and his knowledge I'd be a fool not to use him.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
So glad someone from here got it. Congrats brother! Gonna be a great setup!

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Look forward to seeing some track times/dyno's to compare to my Paxton setup. How much boost is 82mm on a cold day again? Have you thought about tune yet?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Look forward to seeing some track times/dyno's to compare to my Paxton setup. How much boost is 82mm on a cold day again? Have you thought about tune yet?
With longtube headers and the vmp twin 67mm throttle body I should see around 8-10 psi. I don't plan to take it to the dyno but I'd guess it would make between 600-625 with the above mods. I plan on having AED tune it.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread