finally beat a Cobra!!!!!

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
Today on my way back home from the hobby shop, I came across a Red Cobra. Not sure the year but it was NOT an '03. No whine. It had Cobra etched in the bumper, I dont think they started that till '00 or '01 right?
Anyways, I was following a few cars back for a while and he was watching me in his rearview. We finally get up next to each other and he just looks at me like, "Damn I wish there was more room to race!!" I agreeingly shook my head. So we slowed down to like 55 or so and let the gap get bigger between us and the cars in front of us so we could do a QUICK race. He honked it off and we both nailed it at the same time. His car was loud as hell!! I pulled about 1 to 1 1/2 cars by 80mph and slowed due to traffic. I looked over at him, he had a big grin on his face and gave me a BIG thumbs up!:beer:
That was all the racing we did but we paced each other for about 2-3 miles just admiring each others cars, then he exited the freeway. REALLY kewl guy and a great race and kill for me.
I was giggling all the rest of the way home for beating a Cobra. I think it was stock except for exhaust, but it was still a Cobra. I couldnt be happier!:thumbsup: :coolman:

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Good Kill

Originally posted by Vanride69
Today on my way back home from the hobby shop, I came across a Red Cobra. Not sure the year but it was NOT an '03. No whine. It had Cobra etched in the bumper, I dont think they started that till '00 or '01 right?
Good Kill!

'93 Fox bodied Cobras have no letters imprinted in the bumper, but a COBRA badge on the decklid. '94/5 started the SN95 bodystyle with MUSTANG in the bumper. '95 was the first year of the SVT emblem on the decklid. COBRA appeared in the bumper in '96 and ran until '98. '99 saw the return of MUSTANG in the bumper and Ford corrected it for good with the '01s (00Rs also have MUSTANG in the bumper, btw). If it had the twin "nostril" hood scoops it was '96-98, if it was the latest body style, most likely an '01.

I have seen many '94/5s & '99s with replacement COBRA bumpers. :beer:

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Nice Kill!!!

Had a somewhat opposite experience last night as I was traveling to pick my wife up from school. A white LX hatch pulls up beside me with loud exhaust. We took a minute to admire each others car and then got ready to go. I down shifted to second and wait. He got into gear as well and we both started to ease into. At the same time we hit it. Here is how it played out, even, me start to creep, stupid POS old Supra in my way shut down before I even had the chance to get out of second. We both pull over at the college, where I am to pick up my wife, and chat. Come to find out he was running a 347 stroker with trick flow streat heat intake, twisted wedge heads, long tubes, C4, 3.55, and thank goodness he didn't use the 100 shot. Actually he was waiting on a tune since it was a new engine combo. Nice guy and you gotta love those 5.0s

M@

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Look for me going on 75 or 190, Your get a good run for your money and see how sharp the SS Inserts look on my bumper.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
thanks for the compliments guys.

blue03cobra: It was new body style and prolly '01 like you said

olchakla: I would love to get my ass kicked by an '03 Cobra. Have not yet had the chance to run one yet. E-mail me at [email protected] and maybe we can setup a race for this weekend. :)

Users who are viewing this thread