Finally a cop gets nailed for speeding!!!

need4snake

Banned
Finally a cop gets nailed for speeding!!!

I live in Martin County, FL and have witnessed Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputies speeding like crazy through Martin County - my favorite story was pacing one of them at a distance up to 115 mph on I-95 (I had to see how fast he was really going)

This case occurred a bit south of here in Broward, but clearly represents a serious problem with not practicing what you preach, its an epidemic in south florida.

Miami Officer Fausto Lopez, pulled over by FHP trooper in 120 mph chase, gets plea offer

comments welcome!! Any cops out there? What do you think about this?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
this is old news already and obviously your just looking to stir it up....ill stay tuned for the move to SD :pop:

need4snake

Banned
yeah it happend back in October, I just heard about it the other night on the news for the first time as they were talking about the plea deal, so I'm not looking to re-stir it up, just stir it up.

I have a real problem with any police officer that can't obey the very laws that they use to issue traffic tickets and pull overs. A lot of corrupt law enforcement out there, part of the problem is the requirements to become one, the bar is pretty low in most jurisdictions.

Blown 89

Established Member
A friend of mine works for the PD out here and he said they'll leave the lights off a lot of times when going to calls because it causes less traffic congestion/confusion. He said people do idiotic things when they try to make it through traffic with the lights running.

If they're not going to call though (this guy was going to another job apparently) there's no excuse.

need4snake

Banned
A friend of mine works for the PD out here and he said they'll leave the lights off a lot of times when going to calls because it causes less traffic congestion/confusion. He said people do idiotic things when they try to make it through traffic with the lights running.

If they're not going to call though (this guy was going to another job apparently) there's no excuse.

Totally agree... and this case as well as the ones I have seen personally are cops speeding outside their jurisdiction which clearly means they are NOT going to a call.

The Palm Beach County guy I witnessed doing 115+ was going north on I-95 in Martin County (away from his jurisdiction) so there was absolutley no excuse. He was on his way home and just exploiting his badge and uniform. He didn't have his lights on.

stangaholic280

Established Member
To be honest, I would rather that cops speed...at least a little. Nothing annoys me more than when I'm trying to get somewhere and I run into a backed up line of 20 cars because none of them will pass the cop at the front. Had this happen to me at least twice on my trip a few days ago.

Blown 89

Established Member
A lot of corrupt law enforcement out there, part of the problem is the requirements to become one, the bar is pretty low in most jurisdictions.
There are a lot of great cops too. It's amazing how ungreatful and flat out rude society as a whole are to the police (that isn't mean for anyone on this forum in particular...just an observation of the people I come across day to day...and no, I am not a cop)

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
He AVERAGED over 100mph on the toll road 114 days last year. He's got balls handing out speeding tickets after driving the way he does. Can't stand hypocrites like this.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
To be honest, I would rather that cops speed...at least a little. Nothing annoys me more than when I'm trying to get somewhere and I run into a backed up line of 20 cars because none of them will pass the cop at the front. Had this happen to me at least twice on my trip a few days ago.

I purposely now drive at the speed limit and force people to drive slowly behind me....its fun :lol1:

but to be honest people blow by me on the highway all the time, im in a marked unit! im talking im doing 70 and they are doing 90....but I guess thats ok right? and guess what, I cant do anything about it....but god forbid i go 5 miles over...now im a corrupt cop :bored:

There are a lot of great cops too. It's amazing how ungreatful and flat out rude society as a whole are to the police (that isn't mean for anyone on this forum in particular...just an observation of the people I come across day to day...and no, I am not a cop)

thank you. as a whole day in and day out people always complain, they are ok with the government screwing them, or the corrupt politicians....but cops? no people hate them and then call them to solve all of their personal problems....

now to the OP...if your seeking cops to come on here and defend that officers actions, doubt that will happen. He was stupid and he made us all look bad. However to make this thread is only going to attract all of the cop haters on the site to have an opportunity to bash every cop just because of this...I also dont think you are too bright for pacing a cop doing 115 :nono: if you had wrecked out i bet you would blame the cop right?

either way this is a bad situation and makes us all look bad, but everyone says " well you are not above the law" and your absolutely right! just remember neither are you....

Last edited:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I have a real problem with any police officer that can't obey the very laws that they use to issue traffic tickets and pull overs. A lot of corrupt law enforcement out there, part of the problem is the requirements to become one, the bar is pretty low in most jurisdictions.

How do you know the this police officer was even a traffic cop? whos to say hes written any traffic violations? I know a few cops, that dont bother with speeders unless its "ridiculous speeds" just because they are guilty of it as well... Ive been pulled over for racing and had a cop talk to me about my car after lecturing me...

honestly I think its retarded she had him in cuffs in the first place... and this is coming from someone whos been in cuffs for the same thing more than once...

When it comes to crazy shit, ill agree they arent above the law...but speeding? cmon... its understandable they can push the envelope a little bit...if I was a cop, it be hard for me to write someone who does the same job as me, and puts up with the same amount of shit as me a ticket... but then again thats just me... For as bad of a record I have... it would be unbelievable if I told you I respect cops... but shoot, once I did a ride along with one...It opened my eyes to how much BS they put up with... You can usually think the assholes for making that cop an asshole...

Way I see it is this cop was probably one of those rare cops that have a soul... and not one of those robocops that have zero emotions... (no pun intended)

Last edited:

need4snake

Banned
However to make this thread is only going to attract all of the cop haters on the site to have an opportunity to bash every cop just because of this...I also dont think you are too bright for pacing a cop doing 115 :nono: if you had wrecked out i bet you would blame the cop right?

either way this is a bad situation and makes us all look bad, but everyone says " well you are not above the law" and your absolutely right! just remember neither are you....

Hey now, let me clarify a couple things...

There are many great law enforcement personnel out there. They do a great job. But if you are going to take on a sworn position like that, then you need to ask yourself if your willing to practice what you preach with the law. I just see this happening to often where law enforcement officers let their status go to their head and they literally think they are above the law. This thread is meant to bring attention to those that are corrupt.

As for doing 115, well its pretty easy to do in a blown Cobra, at least its built to go those speeds safely, I wish I could say the same for typical Ford Crown Victoria boat that cops drive.... I would never endanger myself or anyone else with my driving habits. My last ticket was on an open country road with no one around except some asshole with nothing better to do than sit there and shoot radar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread