Finally a clutch/flywheel for the Ecoboost guys!

Dragonacc

Established Member
Xtreme Clutch out of Australia seems to have beat all the big US players to the punch by being the first company to release a full replacement clutch and flywheel combo. Not only that but they have single and twin disk setups available with a range of friction disk materials to cover all power levels.

How do I know? Mine just showed up today!

IMG_20160308_144510.jpg

I'm hoping to install it next week, which means I don't have any driving impressions yet. What I can tell you is that my 230mm organic twin disk version weighs 16.3 kg on my scale at the house (Xtreme measured it at 16.25 kg so I'd probably go with their measurement). They measured the stock setup at 24 kg. For those that don't want to do the conversions that's a weight savings of 17.085 lbs vs the stock clutch and flywheel and this one will handle just about anything an ecoboost can throw at it depending on what disks you choose.

The kit also comes with a new slave cylinder, pilot bearing, alignment tool, and flywheel bolts. All very complete and high quality. I'll be sure to post some install pictures and driving impressions as soon as I install it. In the meantime feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll try my best to answer them.

And a few more pics:

IMG_20160308_151600.jpg

IMG_20160308_151725.jpg

IMG_20160308_152429.jpg

Dragonacc

Established Member
Very nice. I'm holding out for a McLeod.

McLeod used my clutch/flywheel for measurements to build one last year and they still have no eta on when they will release something, or if they will release something at all. :shrug:a

Users who are viewing this thread