Finally, a car faster than the Bugatti?!

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
ALMOST! To 200mph atleast. Road and Track did an awesome test of 6 cars, one being the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, to see which would hit 200mph first in a 2mile race. And what car beat the Veyron you ask, the Hennessey Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper with a 20.3 sec run to 200 (compared to Veyron's 24.2 sec). Yes, the Bugatti beat it in 0-60, 1/4 mile, and standing mile time, and more than likly top speed had they had enough room for that, lol, but hey something finally beat it in one category atleast. Here's a link to their website, I read it in this month's magazine. I'm about to check out the videos to see if they are any good. Just thought I'd share this, I thought it was cool to read.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=5680

chevytosvt

Guns go bang
Established Member
Boosted97 said:
ALMOST! To 200mph atleast. Road and Track did an awesome test of 6 cars, one being the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, to see which would hit 200mph first in a 2mile race. And what car beat the Veyron you ask, the Hennessey Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper with a 20.3 sec run to 200 (compared to Veyron's 24.2 sec). Yes, the Bugatti beat it in 0-60, 1/4 mile, and standing mile time, and more than likly top speed had they had enough room for that, lol, but hey something finally beat it in one category atleast. Here's a link to their website, I read it in this month's magazine. I'm about to check out the videos to see if they are any good. Just thought I'd share this, I thought it was cool to read.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=5680

I need to go buy this Road and track :thumbsup:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
This topic and the 50' skater crash is the most popular this week.

I have seen this article on here 3 times and have heard about this from about 5 different people this week. Dang...

end result: the H Viper whoops ass at 220 and can still pull further.

The skater lives with a bruised kidney and lung and broken wrist

other than that. this is better:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J498F7pMvf8
enjoy
g2

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
sorry missed the other posts. Mods feel free to delete please. And yes it's a modded viper, and the Bugatti is stock, chill. Yes the Viper has roughly 100 more ponies and probably almost 1,000 lbs lighter, didn't mean to step on any toes. I assumed everyone knows that the Bugatti will never be matched in an engineering stand point, just fun comparison. Sorry for the re-post.

snake134

What about the Barabus TKR

Barabus%20TRK%20Londen%20voorkant.jpg

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
the problem with the Viper is it's horrific drag when going through the air.. (cd).. I'm going to guess that the Veyron has a better Cd than the Viper and even with less power would end up being slower.. now if you were to have a 1000 hp Corvette, that would probably be faster than the Veyron top speed.. .29 Cd for the C5 and not sure what the C6 has, but probably the same or better..

makevelie187

Established Member
0-200mpg great theres a highly modified viper vs a veyron with money obviously not being an issue almost any car can do that, with money you can do anything to any car and everyone knows that.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
snake134 said:
What about the Barabus TKR

Last I heard about that car, the company that built it made a bunch of ridiculous claims as to its acceleration and top speed (something like ~270 MPH :dw: ) but they never ran any tests to back it up and everyone called BS.

Users who are viewing this thread