Finally 4.30's installed

8urvett

Established Member
hey all, I finally had my 4.30's installed. I can actually feel a difference!:) Tommorrow I am going to install my O-R X (upr)!! For those interested the labor was $65 a hour and it was roughly done in 5.5 hours. I went ahead and had them install all new bearings.
I am excited to hit the track and destroy my halfshafts! :beer:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
glad to hear about the new mod. Install prices are a bitch huh?

I still can't get over how good the chop in your sig looks

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
8urvett said:
I can actually feel a difference!:)
Actually feel the difference !? I just had 4:10s put in mine and I almost went through the bumper of the guy in front of me taking off at a stoplight when I first picked up the car.

The difference between new gears and stockers is so night and day.

Immediate difference in whole attitude fromt he first second I pulled away with the new gears ....

Oh yeah ..... track time is so much more enjoyable now .... I don't have to wait a week and a half for the junk 3:27s to spool up and get moving ..... Power is instantly there !!!

Congrats on the install !!

Ellik

Established Member
you guys running 4.10's and 4.30's, what is your rpm's at 80mph? Im thinking about gears in the somewhat near future, but Im thinking conservative and putting in 3.73's. I dont want to be too disappointed though.....

01 Venom

Established Member
you go less then 4.10s you will be disapointed, I have 4.10s, just under 3k at 80 MPH not bad at all

CobraTy

Established Member
I went from 4.10's to 4.56's. Best thing I have done so far. The car takes off and pulls through every gear. 4.10's were nice on the highway for cruising at 80+ but 4.56's kick ass from light to light. Now I cruise on the highway at about 70. Untill someone wants to play.

Last edited:

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
Ellik said:
you guys running 4.10's and 4.30's, what is your rpm's at 80mph? Im thinking about gears in the somewhat near future, but Im thinking conservative and putting in 3.73's. I dont want to be too disappointed though.....

with my 4.30's in doing about 2500 rpm at 70 and like 2600-2800 at 80. :thumbsup:

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
Ellik said:
if you do 3.73's in your car your gonna love them untill you ride in one with 4.10s or 4.30's and your gonna wanna kick yourself in the a$$ for spending your dime on the install. you've probably seen this in every gear post.......dont fear the gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charles236

Established Member
Ellik said:

I saw an old friend at the Ford dealership's parts department yesterday. He has a '99 Cobra, and was picking up a set of 3.73 gears to replace his 3.27s. I have run 3.55s, 3.90s, 4.10s and 4.30s in my '04 Mach1 so far, so I told him to get the 4.30s. He will see a nice improvement with the 3.73s over the 3.27s, but I probably should have taken him for a ride in my Mach1, which currently has an '03 IRS with 3.90s and a Detroit Truetrac differential. He wants the gears for his rice hunts, because his Cobra doesn't get onto the cams quick enough with the stock gears. If I recall correctly, the '99 Cobra's engine is cammed for a powerband that peaks at higher rpms than the Mach1 engine, so I would want to run 4.30s if I was intrested in drag racing.

CobraG

Established Member
Mach1chuck said:
I saw an old friend at the Ford dealership's parts department yesterday. He has a '99 Cobra, and was picking up a set of 3.73 gears to replace his 3.27s. I have run 3.55s, 3.90s, 4.10s and 4.30s in my '04 Mach1 so far, so I told him to get the 4.30s. He will see a nice improvement with the 3.73s over the 3.27s, but I probably should have taken him for a ride in my Mach1, which currently has an '03 IRS with 3.90s and a Detroit Truetrac differential. He wants the gears for his rice hunts, because his Cobra doesn't get onto the cams quick enough with the stock gears. If I recall correctly, the '99 Cobra's engine is cammed for a powerband that peaks at higher rpms than the Mach1 engine, so I would want to run 4.30s if I was intrested in drag racing.

Not that I'm a gear expert by any stretch, but that is a perfect example :bowdown: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread