Final hood liner thread?

skstang

Established Member
I have just finished installing this edging on my hood blanket. This stuff works great. Will take 90 degree turns and has a metal insert in it to keep shape and grip your liner. All you do is slip it over the edge of the liner and crimp it down with some plyers and it will stay in place.Check it out at trimlok.com. The only bad part is you have to buy it in 250/ft legnths.
If there is enough interest in this I can buy it and sell it individually to whomever wants it. It will take about 5-6 feet depending on how big you make your holes. Mine used just over 5 feet total. I would sell it in a 10 foot length with shipping for $10. It would be the 1200-1/4 under the Regular trim section.No I am not looking to make gobs of money on this. After shipping and packaging it should be about even. E-mail me and I can send you a pic over the weekend of mine installed.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Well, it looks great & all... but the 1200-1/4 regular trim is only reccomended for applications that fall under a temperature of 150F... and forgive me for pointing this out, but that seems a little low for the intended use. Over the course of time, this could pose a problem of delamination from the metal strip.

Any counter thoughs? I mean, I really like what this could do - but am leary of the life of this mod.

skstang

Established Member
Sn8k, I see your point but I dont think it will be a problem. The metal is totally incapsulated. Time will tell, but you would get ten feet. Enough for two rounds worth. The motor runs at what 180-200 degrees. I dont think that is enough of a temperature difference, but hey what do I know.

Steve

skstang

Established Member
I ordered 250 ft of the edging today. It will be shipping to me from California on Tuesday. I will be taking pictures of mine tomorrow. Sorry I dont know how to post pics on here so maybe someone can do that for me to give everyone a better idea of how this looks. I can e-mail you pics tomorrow just send me a e-mail. Thanks to everyone that has already e-mailed me. You will be very happy how this looks. I did talk to the girl at trim-lok and she said if is intermitant duty the trim should hold up fine to the heat. Again my e-mail is [email protected]

Blackcobra

Established Member
This looks great. As to durability, I'm hopeful. All things being equal for a given part, the highest quality/durability will be one made for aviation use, the next will be one made for marine use, and last is auto use. Since this is a marine part, I'm hopeful it will do well in the auto enviro.

skstang

Established Member
Received the trim in today. I will be shipping back out by Thursday to everyone that sent money in. Thanks for your responses and please let everyone know how this stuff works. As it stands now I can get about ten more orders before I am out, so if you still want some let me know.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Received the trim from Steve a few days ago, as promised. Looks like it will do the job quite nicely. Now all I need is a little time to do it. Thanks Steve.

Dana:thumbsup:

skstang

Established Member
Received checks from Steve. Lomangino and Scott Wells for the trim today. I'm sorry I didnt have your e-mail address to make you aware of it. I will be shipping it out on Monday. Thanks for your orders. Also thanks to everyone that has ordered. I have had about 16 people take advantage of the trim. I hope it is working out for everyone. I still have about 50 feet left if anyone else is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread