Filter re-location

LOKOSVT

Established Member
I was thinking of relocating the 12" filter cause I think its sucking alot of hot air from the motor. I was thinking of putting a flexiable hose from the maf down to the front of the truck, and putting the filter behind the grill. You guys think this will work?

OH-MAN

Established Member
This is a big question and both sides make good points I myself use an airaid with a colder air inlet run from under the bumper into the bottom of the airaid box. Some are worried about sucking in a puddle or a lot of water and debris but I like it not a lot of water here. This is the system I installed on the factory air box and then the airaid later
http://www.geocities.com/jmahan0/lightning
A gentleman named Shocking figured out all the parts and I just copied it

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Yeah, especially behind the grill. All you'll do is block cool air from getting to your Heat exchanger. It's too bad we can't get an inside the fenderwell filter like all the mustang guys have. We just don't have the space. Good luck.

LOKOSVT

Established Member
Ya im still thinking about it, besides It would get full of bugs. I dont have the stock air box , I have a 12" filter with the adapter that gos into the fender. I was thinking of cutting a hole right below the filter big enough for the filter to fit. Then just stick the filter downward into the fenderwell.

OH-MAN

Established Member
Wheel well will be very dirty if you drive thru any water or mud
I do not remember the gentlemans name that built an airbox to go around his open filter out of a rubbermaid trashcan. Don't laugh it looked real good. Perhaps someone with a better memory will chime in.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
i would agree..keep it where its at, like said before you might block the air flow but most importantly u might suck up water

Users who are viewing this thread