Fidanza flywheel, SPEC Pressure plate not sliding over dowel pins?

Stock Motor

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a question about dowel pins. I am using a Fidanza aluminum flywheel, which a friend gave to me, but it didn't come with dowel pins. I went to Ford, bought some for a 2003 Cobra, they are a stepped dowel, and they fit the Fidanza flywheel without issue. However, neither the SPEC Stage 2 or the Centerforce DFX pressure plate that I have will slide over the dowels. The dowel pin is .315" and the holes in the pressure plate are .250"

Do I have the wrong dowels, or what else could I be doing wrong?

cbr repsol

Established Member
Sounds like wrong dowel pins. I would contact manufatuer and get proper ones. U could possibly dremel the pp dowl pin holes so u can get it on the flywheel,but it depends how much material is there?it doesnt sound like much of a difference from measurement u provided but I would go with the first option I gave u.

Keep us posted

Rusty67

Established Member
Do not modify the pressure plate, you will end up with a clutch issue be it a release issue or chatter. If you were going to modify the presure plate you would want to do it with a drill bit on a press but this is a bad idea as well. The holes in the presure plate are preset from the factory, either you got the wrong presure plate or the dowl pins are wrong for the application.

What is the part number of the flywheel and the clutch kit ?

cruisemissile

Established Member
I'm finishing a spec 3+ & fidanza FW install now & had no
Issues with the dowel pins. Just a guess but sounds like the
wrong parts.
x2 on part #'s

Users who are viewing this thread