Fidanza flywheel must have!

Alegend123

Established Member
if y'all don't have a light weight flywheel yet when it comes to clutch time GET ONE!! The difference is night and day this semi stock cobra is a rocket now lol... I got the complete fidanza rebuildable flywheel,2.1 clutch kit for $600.. now of course only time will tell how she holds up but first impression is money WELL spent!! Turns out the clutch that was in the car when I got it was a spec (not sure which level) and that is TRASH only lasted about 5k miles flywheel burnt,disc nearly gone and t/o bearing completely destroyed .. I'm glad I didn't pay for that trash lol now I'm a huge fan of exedy but I found the all in one fidanza kit and firgured wth Why not will keep updated on how she holds

Alegend123

Established Member
I just picked up the car from the shop so I can't beat on it yet but damn she revs fast now... I didn't expect such a drastic improvement in seat of the pants acceleration... I might be in love again lol

96GT226410

Established Member
I have a Spec aluminum flywheel with my Stage 2 Spec clutch in my garage. I'm hoping for a similar feeling when I install mine!

Alegend123

Established Member
I'd warn against the spec stuff that's what went bad in my car it chewed it up in about 5000 miles complete failure

Helomech74

Established Member
Nothing wrong with Spec products, if yours only lasted 5K miles then most likely it was abused or installed incorrectly. I've been running Spec products for as long as I can remember with no ill side effects and I beat the shit out of my cars. One issue with aluminum flywheels is the chatter that can come with the use of an aggressive clutch material. If you're using a mild clutch, then there shouldn't be any issues with chatter as long as the clutch is broken in properly.

Alegend123

Established Member
The kit came with a puck style disc so we'll see what happens after break in is over with but so far more than impressed

Bishop03

4v+DOHC=Big Power
Established Member
Love mine, you need to re-learn your starts though. It's always fun watching someone try to drive the car for the first time

davidj5491

Established Member
I've got a Fidanza as well. It is a very nice piece, no doubt. They work great in a cruiser. When I get on the dragstrip though, I regret going with the lighter flywheel. My 60ft times were much better, and more consistent with the heavier flywheel.

Users who are viewing this thread