Fidanza 4.3 ?

slow98cobra

Established Member
I know a lot of people rant and rave about the spec but personally I'm not a fan. I have had them on my 98 cobra and my other 03.

So what do you guys think of the Fidanza 4.3 clutch for our car?

Also, anybody running an aluminum flywheel or just sticking to steel due to the terminator being such a pig?

Tractionless1

Established Member
4.3 w/Fidanza Alum. Flywheel. Why shock the driveline anymore with a steel flywheel? It's definitely not a parking lot clutch. You have a aluminum flywheel in there stock.

slow98cobra

Established Member
I guess I didn't realize that. I had a friend install my last clutch while I was on a trip.

I tried to search but couldn't find the rating as far as capacity on it. Does anyone know what they may be?
I will have a ported 2.76/4# combo with a 75 or 125 shot on top of it so I'm just wanting to have enough capacity for the torque

Tractionless1

Established Member
They will hold 700 ft./lb all day, that's why I went with it. I plan on adding a hundo shot very soon. Search "Senkak" screen name, mid 10's with spray and vert. running the 4.3 and LOVES it.

mustangtw

Established Member
I installed my fidanza 4.3 a few weeks ago. I went with a new spec billet steel flywheel after many failed attempts to locate a replacement insert for my fidanza aluminum flywheel. No one has them in stock so they must be on backorder or something idk. Anyways, I have never driven a spec clutch, but I can almost bet the fidanza feels and drives similar to a spec 3 clutch. Both are a puck design I believe, so your going to get some chatter at low rpms. That's just how they are. I came from a centerforce dual friction and compared to that this clutch grabs a lot harder and faster (you can't slip it as much) and also chatters a good bit at low rpms. Pedal effort however is lighter. All in all I'm happy with the clutch. For the price and power it holds you can't beat it.

The AntiRice

Established Member
ive got the fidanza aluminum flywheel and 3.2 clutch in my mach and it chatters pretty good at low rpms too but she sure does grab nice when ur bangin gears.

Users who are viewing this thread