FIC Vs ID injectors

slowbra1

Established Member
Is there any real difference between FIC and ID besides price ? I really would like to know before spending money on new injectors

cj428mach

Established Member
I don't know what FIC injectors are but I do have the ID1000's and am self tuning. They've been a breeze to tune and ran well on gas and e85. My only complaint is they're loud and I can hear them in my car at idle with the radio and a/c off. Any other time you don't notice them but my whole goal with my car was to keep it as close to stockish drivability and they do kind of ruin that. I kind of thought by buying them I was giving up nothing, which is why I went with them over the 80's.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I just installed a set of ID1300's and an HPX slot maf over the weekend on my '03 Cobra. The car tuned out beautiful with the new injectors and MAF and I did all the tuning myself with PRP. I don't even really know what I am doing, but the car runs and drives perfect now and made 930 to the tire so I am happy. The ID's are expensive no doubt, but with them providing real data that you can plug right into the tune, it makes all the difference in the world in getting it dialed in.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ok. I thought I read somewhere that anything bigger then the 1000's needed a stand alone or driver due to impedance differences. Although I think the 1000's would get me to 1000hp on E85 should I decide to try.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
The 1300's are high impedance and no driver is required. You are at 100% duty cycle at 1000rwhp with the ID1000's. You will have to step up to the 1300's like I did.

Users who are viewing this thread