Fiberglass?

KTTrucks

Premium Member
Established Member
Im in the middle of producing a fiberglass repair DVD... anybody got any suggestions or issues they would like to see addressed? 'glass can be a beeatch! personally I dont like it as much as metal, but its certainly more versatile in alot of ways.

Holla!

K.:beer:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
i work with fiberglass all the time . what do you need help with? hopefully i can be of help

LOL! He's producing a How To DVD and looking for input on what people would like to learn.

Off the top of my head repairing damaged panels would be nice to learn about. I had a ladder fall on my hood once, bounced right off but ended up cracking the fiberglass. I suppose repairs of that sort and any custom work associated with modifying fiberglass panels such as fender flaring and constructing spoilers. Care and maintenance on fiberglass cars and body parts.

KTTrucks

Premium Member
Established Member
LOL! No worries! I "speed read" posts all the time. :) The projects I've got produced already include SMC repair, old Corvette (multi-piece) panel replacement, two sided fiberglass repair, stripping, and most importantly, using gellcoat as the final stage in fiberglass repair. ( under fillers and surfacers)

I like the idea of showing a simple "crack in the hood from a falling ladder" project as well, these things happen... that's what I was looking for.

I will also show bonding glass to other substrates ( aluminum, metal,, plastic) with modern two part adhesives... since this opens up many new possibilities.

Thanks for the comments!!

KT.

Users who are viewing this thread