fiberglass trunk lid?

4camwonder

Established Member
does any one make a fiberglass or carbonfiber ttunk lid for our cars? looking to drop some more weight, and couldnt find one.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I dont personally know of any, but I know there are places that can take any part, and mold it into carbon fiber. Most likely gonna run you a lot of $$$ though.

4camwonder

Established Member
i was going to paint it... i had been looking for a replacement trunk because i want to go wingless, but didnt want to hurt the factory trunk lid (not that it would really matter, just my OCD) so i had been looking for factory one that was used, but no one really had one... and since ill be running NMRA class next year i figured i could lose some weight while i was at it by going to FG, or CF.

tnanks 96cobrakid. didnt think to look on ebay.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
4camwonder said:
yea 230 aint bad, but the shipping is crazy at 300 bucks.

They lower the price but jack up shipping because it looks lower in price. They do this all the time on Ebay. I offered to pay for shipping when I was buying something, they said no. I wonder why.

4camwonder

Established Member
^ yea i know how it works... personaly id rather buy the VIS one anyway, and spend the extra cash... at least i know the product manufacture then.

Users who are viewing this thread