FI spark plugs

4.6stanger

Established Member
Hey guys just got a fox coupe with a 98' cobra engine and an intercooled procharger p1sc. Im looking to replace the plugs but looking for some advice to what to get. It currently has e3's that the previous owner said he made a mistake in gettin them and recommended in gettin NGKs but not sure on what type?? BTW its a stock longblock with imrc deletes and shortened runners. It does have a stock TB, but ppl have told me since im pushing 8lbs of boost theres no need in changin it. Im new to the whole 4v + blower deal, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
1 heat range cooler than stock. And you can go with autolite, NGK, whatever, just don't get a platinum plug. Reason is they're designed to last longer but they don't provide a quality spark. They're "better" to people that aren't running high performance cars where you need a really good quality spark.

At least this is what procharger as well as my tuner told me..

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
NGK TR6 with a .035 gap

Also stock throttle body is fine till you get into higher boost..

Last edited:

4.6stanger

Established Member
oK went to the parts house and asked for the ngk tr6's and they asked which kind, i replied for a 98 ford cobra, But they were asking what model tr6??? So then i was confused, any input on that or should i try a diff. parts house?? LOL BTW im currently running some E3 plugs whick i was told were put in by mistake, could that be why my car misfires and sputters around 5k. hit it hard twice and did it so been taking it easy to avoid any more detonation.

jumperjack

Established Member
oK went to the parts house and asked for the ngk tr6's and they asked which kind, i replied for a 98 ford cobra, But they were asking what model tr6??? So then i was confused, any input on that or should i try a diff. parts house?? LOL BTW im currently running some E3 plugs whick i was told were put in by mistake, could that be why my car misfires and sputters around 5k. hit it hard twice and did it so been taking it easy to avoid any more detonation.

Model: NGK-4177
NGK also makes an Iridium plug but if you are going that route bring more cash with you. If you decide on them then you should go with the NGK TR7IX

Last edited:

4.6stanger

Established Member
Model: NGK-4177
NGK also makes an Iridium plug but if you are going that route bring more cash with you. If you decide on them then you should go with the NGK TR7IX

Is the iridium type really necessary though?? Or would the ngk-4177s do the trick?? Btw the ngk-4177 is a tr6?? or different?

4.6stanger

Established Member
Ok well got the plugs and gapped them to .035 but a buddy of mine said to gap them to .028, since im running 8lbs of boost, What do you guys think?? THey're goin in 2morro, hoping to cure the buckin/misfire past 4k rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread