FFW drag class question???

jwhite

Established Member
i plan to attend FFW here in topeka in a couple of weeks.
i have never attended one before and am clueless about the drag classes...

i was reading up on the FFW website, and it looks like the SCT Street Stang might be the catagory for me...but i'm not sure???

Superchips Custom Tuning Street Stang
Reserved for FFW approved Ford Mustangs / Capri and 4-passenger T-Birds / Cougars. A Competition Factor which may require the adjustment of weight or other restrictions or requirements to a particular competition combination may be used at any time in the interest of safety as well as keeping competition even. Heads up, 12.50 Index, (12.49 break out), .500 Full Tree eliminations. Burnouts across starting line prohibited. All-run field, minimum of one (1) qualifying run mandatory. Class designation S/S followed by FFW permanent number.

does the 12.50 index, (12.49) break out mean the fastest a car can run is 12.50?

also, can registration fees for FFW be paid in advance or is it at the gate?

TIA
:thumbsup:

Qtr milerocket

The Human Calculator
Established Member
What's up Jwhite?

You got it right on your question, If you go faster than 12.5 you are out.

And as far as the fees and such, you can do it in advance so long as you don't wait till

the last second, at least that's how it is in the Nmra. Hope this helps, by the way

what are you running?

Later man

James

jwhite

Established Member
Qtr milerocket said:
What's up Jwhite?
You got it right on your question, If you go faster than 12.5 you are out.
And as far as the fees and such, you can do it in advance so long as you don't wait till
the last second, at least that's how it is in the Nmra. Hope this helps, by the way
what are you running?
Later man
James

thanks for the reply!

i plan to run my 2001 stage3 roush mustang.
:beer:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Hey JWhite,

FFW is the reason I bought my 90GT. We went to the first FFW in Bristol TN in 1990 and came back and bought a Mustang. FFW has many catagories to race in. Heads up and brackets. I always ran the brackets because thats what I feel I do best in and my car is not highly modified. I always liked Quick Ford and Fast Ford because they pay out money. Once they cut it down to 1/8th mile at Bristol I went to the plain old bracket class. You can have a lot of fun and not tear up your car. We have really enjoyed ourselves and have only missed 2 years. One was when they redid the track in 1998 and the other was when my daughter was born in 2001.
You might enjoy the Quick or Fast Ford class more as winning money makes you try harder. Just remember have a great time.

Users who are viewing this thread