Few questions on A/F and Fuel pressure

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I just got a Fuel pressure guage and an A/F gauge.

I'd like to know the best way to read my A/F. The obvious answer would be to get a wideband, such as the Lm-1. However, I'm not sure if I can hook my gauge to the Lm-1 so it reads the accurate mixture. Where on the Lm-1 would I wire the gauge?
Could I get away with purchasing a proper 5-wire o2 sensor and wiring that directly to the guage?? I have no idea if it would work, and I'm just trying to determine exactly what the purpose of the LM-1 really is.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
I would suggest going to widebandcommander.com to read about what a wideband o2 does for you. Better than me trying to explain..

The a/f guage you have is really not what you want

FKing1

Established Member
What is the advantage of a fuel pressure gage? At the Shelby Car Show on Sunday at Ford WHQ,a Ford Engineer who said he designed the Cobra fuel system, warned me to get one with my mods.
Fred K.

J15BIG

Established Member
A fuel pressure guage will let you know if there is anything wrong with your fuel system. For example, pumps not working right, fuel filter clogged, leak somewhere, etc. This is good info to know, because if something goes wrong and your not getting enough fuel...boom!

You can use the LM1 with the autometer gauge. You just have to get the table(i think it comes with the gauge) that shows what voltage lights up what light. Then you program the LM1 to out put a certain voltage at a certaing A/F ratio. Then just label the guage - what light = what a/f ratio. You need the output wire for the LM1 to do this. I ordered it with my original order but if I remember right its only like 8 dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread