Few questions about 01 cobras

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
Hey all, I just sold my 93 cobra and am going to be in the Market for another ride in the Spring. I have been tossing the Ideas of an 01 cobra, 03/04 cobra, or an 05+. I havent completely decided what I want but I dont think I want to spend 20K+ on a car at this point in my life and I have been following ebay to get an idea of what 99 and 01's go for which seems much more like my price range. I am new to the Modular thing I have owned 5 foxes, What sort of things do I need to be looking for on these cars when shopping? I saw the sticky with the 99's and the intake hones. But what other things if any are these cars notorious for? or should I watch out for? Thanks for any help.

-Rob

Rotzs99

Established Member
If i were you. I would look for an 01 with a teksid block. Nothing wrong with a 99, but 01s got a few more goodies from the factory than us.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
yup.. if given the choice i would recommend an 01 over a 99, nothing wrong with either, but i like the idea of the inserts in the seats... as stupid as that may sound.. and i like the look of the wing a lil better.

Rotzs99

Established Member
High Five!
blog_highfive.jpg

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
01's are slower.*

Better seats if you like them. 31 spline diff/axles if you want to keep the IRS.

Rear bumper says COBRA.

*opinions may be biased.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Well, I have one of each..... I also posted pics of the differences in the interiors on one of the stickies.

Get an 01 (the seats and halfshafts are worth it), unless you can come across a good deal on a 99.

CobraG

Established Member
Whhheeewww, I thought this was going to be another one of those threads, glad to see it's not.
Anyway, I think both the 99 and 01's are nice cars. Don't get me wrong I did try to trade mine for a Terminator before I came to Germany but didn't. So I'm going to do what I can with mine and make it more fun.
One thing with either of the years, these cars are turds off the line so gears should be near the top of your (mod) list if you get one.
Good luck with your hunting and decision :)

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
Yeah, I didnt want to make it another one of "those" threads Im not a newbie by anymeans I just wanted to know what I need to Look for Thanks.

-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread