few nitrous install questions

mustangdan429

Established Member
i bought a NX kit a few weeks ago and now im finally going to be installing it. i have a few questions i want answered before i start though.

when you drilled the holes for the bottle did you drop the gas tank or just drill away?

tapping into the schrader valve...the directions said something about installing a fuel block or some crap, can i just get an adapter or soemthing so i can just screw on the line?

thanks, any more advice you think is helpful please post.

PICS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP. :beer:

LSWHAT??

My kit came with an adapter to screw into the schrader valve, but I bought it used. I just had a buddy get under the car when we drilled the hole from the trunk, we didn't have an issue. good luck with your install.

jlauth

Established Member
I would have hed to drop the tank, but my dad was able to get these things called nut serts form work. They worked great. It all depends on how you orient your bottle in the trunk though. If you have any more Qs just PM me i just installed mine last week so it is still very fresh in the mind.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I just used 1" sheetmetal self-tapping screws and worked fine. Do that. As far as tapping into the fuel rail, you need a special fitting that goes on the Scrader-valve. It's on NX's website for like a few bucks. It's not the 99+ fuel block adapter thingy, it's just a tiny fitting.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
dude I welded my bolts to the floor then bolted the brackets on, easy and passes tech, and lets you put the bottle where you want, no drilling or worring about the tank or drilling into the frame rail and can't put a nut on it

white98snake

Established Member
whtcobra1998 said:
dude I welded my bolts to the floor then bolted the brackets on, easy and passes tech, and lets you put the bottle where you want, no drilling or worring about the tank or drilling into the frame rail and can't put a nut on it

wow thats a good idea never thought of that

Users who are viewing this thread