Fender/Tire Rub, rolling fender????

j_yates78

Established Member
I have a probelm on hard turns i hear/feel rubbing in the rear sometimes in the front. How does this get resolved? where is a good place to get it rolled?? is that the right term to corect the rub?
stock rims with 255's front and 275's on the rear.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> ...where is a good place to get it rolled?

Professional body shop. Or in your garage with a heat gun and baseball bat.

>...is that the right term to corect the rub?

Rolling in your fender lip? Sounds about right...

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
Before you wreck your car, I suggest you jack your car up and find out what it’s hitting. Plus some information on what you did to lower your car might be helpful. Those tire sizes shouldn't rub with stock wheels. But if it is rubbing on the outer fender, an option might be camber plates. Also, on the drivers side. The wiring harness routes just above the driver wheel. Ford made the driver side fender liner protrude lower for this. So when you jack up your car, you will see if this is the case. If so, it can be altered.

P51 Pilot

Established Member
I've got the exact same setup on mine - eibach prokit and
koni sports. Also had the same tire widths - 255s front and 275s rear on Saleen 18s". Got rubbing on the left rear and had to switch the backs to 255s at back.

I subsequently had the rear fender lips rolled in Torrance CA by Joe Gosinski at Chicane Sport Tuning ([email protected]). He is ex-Saleen and developed a special tool specifically to roll Mustang wheel arches. He did a fantastic and very professional job. He sells the tool separately if you cannot get to SoCal. The only way to go.

I'll be mounting 275/18s at back as soon as I peel the remaining treads off the existing rear 255/18s.

Users who are viewing this thread