Fender Mod

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
got another question---who has cut out the inner fender, for fresh air to the CAI filter(the hole in the driver fender where the stock air tube hooked up to)
i did this on my first L, was going cut it out right now to increase air flow on my new L

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
no, right where the speed control box is(also where the stock air box used to be) the metal inner fender wall, under the hood

leach

Silver Fox
Established Member
I have a piece of foam pipe that goes from the stock hole to end of my 12 inch cone filter.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
NITRO PASS said:
got another question---who has cut out the inner fender, for fresh air to the CAI filter(the hole in the driver fender where the stock air tube hooked up to)
i did this on my first L, was going cut it out right now to increase air flow on my new L
If you are talking about what I think your talking about, Ford enlarged that hole for you from 2001 on up, and since your sig tells me you have a 2003 L, it should already be done.

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
right, but wouldnt opening the hole more increase air flow to that side of the filter, especially since i have a heat shield

00 white lightn

Established Member
i did this mod on my 2000 i used a felt marker to match up the dimensions of my cold air to the new hole, i outlined it and used a carbide bit and grinded it down then i mached the inside hole to the outside hole and also i may go and port the hole in the lower fenderwell i think air comes in there?

Users who are viewing this thread