Fender Emblem Location???

Apicia

Established Member
I have been comparing the locations of my driver and passenger fender emblems. They don't seem to be in the same exact locations.

So, I checked out 100 pages of the picture thread. I found Cobra fender emblems with the base right on the fender line and I also found emblems with a small space about the body line and the bottom of the emblem. Emblems seemed to be everywhere.

Where exactly do these emblems belong? Were these hand installed and vary from car to car? Close up pictures of original owner cars that were never in accidents is our best bet! Try looking through the picture thread, you will see these fender Cobras placed everywhere.

Last edited:

HeyNow!

Established Member
I know how you feel.

My driver side snake leans forward, as you can see in the pic. It does bug me a little bit.

I'll have to fix that some day.

IMG_3440_zps0a2d71a4.jpg

Apicia

Established Member
I know how you feel.

My driver side snake leans forward, as you can see in the pic. It does bug me a little bit.

I'll have to fix that some day.

IMG_3440_zps0a2d71a4.jpg

That a 1996 in white? I have put wheels on every car I have owned for a long time. I really find it hard to replace these stock 96 wheels. When lowered, they look great.

Last edited:

HeyNow!

Established Member
It's a 97.

When I first got the car I was thinking of going staggered 18" Saleens, but the more I'm thinking about it, the more I like the stockers.

I'm now leaning towards just getting the rears widened to 10" or 10.5" and calling it a day.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
It's a 97.

When I first got the car I was thinking of going staggered 18" Saleens, but the more I'm thinking about it, the more I like the stockers.

I'm now leaning towards just getting the rears widened to 10" or 10.5" and calling it a day.

I like those factory wheels as long as the car is lowered they look great. I have had 3 cobras but never a set of the oem wheels.

The main thing that bugs me about the emblems is when they are installed backwards (snake facing rear of car). I have seen it a few different times surprisingly. Only time that is correct I think is on a 93, they only had the one style of emblem, so one faced forward and one faced back.

KCRN12

Established Member
I'm not sure if they're installed by hand or not, but there is an alignment hole, so if they're off vertically, then it's due to the positioning of that hole and not installer error.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
I'm not sure if they're installed by hand or not, but there is an alignment hole, so if they're off vertically, then it's due to the positioning of that hole and not installer error.

I don't think I'd call it an alignment hole. Don't really see any use for it other than to paste the snake over it to cover it up. I used it to run a pair of wires through to a red LED that I installed in the snake's eye.
14aabdl.jpg

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
:lol: that's a interesting idea, never seen that done before

the damn body shop put mine on leaning back a little. Not a whole lot, but enough to bug the crap out of me.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
One of my friends has a snake emblem on his cobra that leans forward just like on that white one and it bugs the crap out of me but he says it's factory lol

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
At least it's facing forward, as in they didn't put a right fender emblem on the left fender!

That drives me nuts when I see cars with them facing backwards looks so stupid! Top it off there's one in the city with cobra badges that's not a cobra and the left side is on the right.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I like those factory wheels as long as the car is lowered they look great. I have had 3 cobras but never a set of the oem wheels.

The main thing that bugs me about the emblems is when they are installed backwards (snake facing rear of car). I have seen it a few different times surprisingly. Only time that is correct I think is on a 93, they only had the one style of emblem, so one faced forward and one faced back.

At least it's facing forward, as in they didn't put a right fender emblem on the left fender!

That drives me nuts when I see cars with them facing backwards looks so stupid! Top it off there's one in the city with cobra badges that's not a cobra and the left side is on the right.

Although its rare to see some cobra's after 93 still left the factory with the snake facing the rear of the car. There are a few original owner 03/04 guys on here that have posted pics of their backward snakes saying it was like that since day one. Its rare to see though

HeyNow!

Established Member
I've read nothing but good things about a place called Weld Craft out if Detriot.

I haven't tried looking up their info yet, but when I'm ready, I'll try giving them a call.

Apicia

Established Member
I feel the same way about my 98 rims. How are you planning on widening them?

I have the 96 17x8 stock Cobra wheels. I would love to get the rears widened to 10" and the offset changed to fit nice and snug. Throw a Nitto 555R on them. I think widening them changes the offset and move the inner rim lip closer to the quad shock.

Users who are viewing this thread