Fellow Termi's beware of Benz's bearing Rennsport badges

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
I did a quick Google on Rennsport and apparantly they are NO JOKE - they modify Porsches and other higher end cars as well (and a Smart car???). I guess the Mercedes products they produce are similar/comparable to the AMGs. So on to the story.....
First, I don't think this belongs in the kill section as there really was no kill to be given or received, rather this was more of a jaw dropping education I received as I happened to be behind this big boat at a stoplight. To set the stage a bit, we were both at a stop light (I was behind him) and upon green we went straight onto a limited access mile long 2 lane connector. Unfortunately I was not really paying attention to this car sitting in front of me at the light as I had a (somewhat timid) passenger with me and I was giving him his first ride in a real muscle car and we were jawing back and forth the entire ride - not really in the Kill frame of mind, so to speak. Suddenly I noticed that this big, boatlike, 4 door Mercedes sitting in front of me was an S600 and had a small circular badge on it that said Rennsport..... then I noticed the FAT Toyo 888's on the rear, and before I knew it the light was green and he was G-O-N-E. It was a bit of a bummer for me because I wanted to catch up to this guy and see if we could do a pull or two, but I also did not want a turd to be steaming in the passenger seat as well. I ended up getting on it to a level of maybe 80% balls out to catch up a bit, and then he got onto the highway. I followed and gave it another 3/4 effort before traffic ended the pursuit. To be honest, I never caught up to the guy as he never really let off the gas (all business). I wish I had of known / payed attention / used the "nail it first and back down later" approach, but my hands were tied to an extent because of my passenger. I can say that when I got on the boost I more or less stopped his pull, but it was a very unsatisfying experience overall a la coitus interruptus :cryying:. Upon later Googling I saw that this Benz was well in excess of $100K , V-12 twin turbo with monster torque, so I didn't feel so bad after learning this. Truthfully, That car was probably as fast or faster than mine :bowdown:, but for the money I guess it should be. Moral of the story: (1) Big Benz machines can be nasty, especially if they say Rennsport/AMG. (2) Either go full out or don't do it at all as partial effort gives partial results and (3) He who gets the hit has a HUGE advantage! Thanks for reading, fellas!

Nosdog2

Hi my name is...
Established Member
Renntech, Brabus, Kleemann, Carlsson all can hurt feelings if you aren't aware.

flS/R

Established Member
you're right, for the price tag they paid, they better be able to stay ahead. It is amazing that they can get those big things moving like that

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I had a quick pull with a SL65 AMG V12 twin turbo. We were dead even from 60-120 with my mods. I bet he went home and googled and learned what a Terminator was. :lol: He would have started pulling me higher up due to better Aero though.

I am sure the Rennsport is faster. Those cars look sick too btw.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I would be careful of certain VW, AMGs, and porches and M's but more importantly the Benz BLACK SERIES and balbos. Theres always a bigger fish out there and benz AMGs are NOT slow anymore those yatchs move. I have a few euro cars and friends wit euro cars.. Im more cautious of a balbus or Hamann/hartge/dinann or BLACK CLASS than i am a worked 335i. Raced a CLS-63 AMG 2012, gave me a run for my money.. raced him from a 4th drop asked my buddy whats its displacement badge and dropped to 3rd. In cases of the CLS they come debadged and have 515bhp (AMG) not something you want to piss off. Not surprised that companys are doign this

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
should have put this in road-kill anyway it is where stupid street racing stories belong

SlowSVT

Established Member
I think if the Terminator had a turbo of its own sans the patsy in the passenger seat the story would be much different.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Sorry Dad. I would be more mad at your killjoy response but your sweeeet avatar redeems you somewhat:dancenana:
like I need redemption. you only need redemption when you are wrong. in this case I am 100% right. street racing crap belongs in road-kill. call me a kill joy if you must but racing around in traffic is dumb just pure dumb.

you one of the ones that drink hand sanitizer as well ?

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
like I need redemption. you only need redemption when you are wrong. in this case I am 100% right. street racing crap belongs in road-kill. call me a kill joy if you must but racing around in traffic is dumb just pure dumb.

you one of the ones that drink hand sanitizer as well ?

A) There was no traffic at all. When we caught up to cars, it was over.
B) If you have nothing constructive to add, do us all a favor and don't post.
C) Hand Sanitizer is not so bad once you get used to the brief aftertaste.
D) I'm done talking to you. Feel free to post one more time to make sure you get the last word in, but I'm done. You will have to grind your axe elsewhere after this.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
A) There was no traffic at all. When we caught up to cars, it was over.
B) If you have nothing constructive to add, do us all a favor and don't post.
C) Hand Sanitizer is not so bad once you get used to the brief aftertaste.
D) I'm done talking to you. Feel free to post one more time to make sure you get the last word in, but I'm done. You will have to grind your axe elsewhere after this.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so freaking typical.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
my brother has a 2006 s600 and its no joke.....I was really surprised how fast and smooth it was when i drove it.......but what do you expect with a 130,000$ price tag..........:shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
my brother has a 2006 s600 and its no joke.....I was really surprised how fast and smooth it was when i drove it.......but what do you expect with a 130,000$ price tag..........:shrug:
certainly no less that what you observed

Users who are viewing this thread