Fellow LEO's only (advice sought)

Chris_562

KCSO
Established Member
Police Shooting Followup - West Virginia's Eyewitness News

Early in my career, I found myself in a situation requiring the use of lethal force. I would've sought some discussions with other LEO's on here earlier but waited until the prosecuting attorneys office and the internal from my department had all been cleared. If any of you have advice on dealing with the fall out i'm still coping with; it'd be appreciated and we can discuss via PM.

Spade

Established Member
I've never been in a shootout but I feel for you brother! Don't be ashamed to get the help you may need.

Take care,

Spade

musclefan21

Established Member
Remember, you did not make the decision to end that life, he made the decision to end his life. Plus, he attempted to take you down with him which you did not allow.

Get some help. It will help you see things a little better which will make you feel much better.

Stay safe!

P.S. If you want to PM me any tactical experience you gained from that incident to help us, other officers so we can benefit from for future references, that would be great.

Last edited:

GRUNT0311

Established Member
That was smart waiting to post until after you were cleared, facebook had myself and 2 others on a foot beat for almost 2 months! Hey remember what is important is that you went home to your family, end of the day thats all that matters bro. Stay frosty out there...Grunt

polk5295

Established Member
Hey brother, Ive been in 2 such scenarios and neither were easy. Shoot me a pm with your contact info and I will get you in touch with our group that was put together specifically deal with these situations.

Praying for you....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread