Feels like I hit a wall

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
Ok at WOT in 3rd gear right at 5000-5100 rpms my truck felt like I hit a wall and shut off on me. Any ideas? I'm built with heads/cams ported eaton, dual 255's and a ba2400. Could I of pegged my maf? I have a wideband, but it happened so fast that I couldn't look at.. Scared the crap outta me

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
i bet you were running low on fuel, and the WOT pull left you high and dry so to speak slinging all the fuel to the rear of the tank....my .02.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Pull your intake elbow off to see if you have any excess dirt/oil inside. It may not be a bad idea to purchase some mass air cleaner to clean out your MAF.

You shouldn't be anywhere near pegging out with your ba2400...

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
Pull your intake elbow off to see if you have any excess dirt/oil inside. It may not be a bad idea to purchase some mass air cleaner to clean out your MAF.

You shouldn't be anywhere near pegging out with your ba2400...

Numbers in sig were with 6lb lower stock tb and fans I now have 8lb lower a sbtb efans methanol and 9:6:1 compression... Here's the thing. On the dyno he pulled it to 6000 rpms but obviously the dyno won't pull a Load like the street will! What's the 2400 supposed to peg at?

Was about 45 degrees out to

Last edited:

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Uh well, Im running the same MAF and my truck running in the 550-600rwhp range with no issues... If you think that yours is faulty maybe it'ts time for you to up upgrade the big mouth2800.(wont hurt)..Just saying..

Have you checked to see if you have a clean pipe way? Clean the pipe way and MAF it wont hurt' ' good luck'

Last edited:

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
Uh well, Im running the same MAF and my truck running in the 550-600rwhp range with no issues... If you think that yours is faulty maybe it'ts time for you to up upgrade the big mouth2800.(wont hurt)..Just saying..

Have you checked to see if you have a clean pipe way? Clean the pipe way and MAF it wont hurt' ' goof luck'

yea I don't have that much power but i'm gonna clean it. What do I use? Now what's gonna scare me is how do I know if it's gonna work after I clean it? Am I gonna have to go WOT again and see if it does it, I def don't wanna blow my motor up... Any ideas?

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
yea I don't have that much power but i'm gonna clean it. What do I use? Now what's gonna scare me is how do I know if it's gonna work after I clean it? Am I gonna have to go WOT again and see if it does it, I def don't wanna blow my motor up... Any ideas?

You can pick it up at the local auto parts store. It looks just like carb cleaner but it reads MAF cleaner. Usually it's located in the same area in each retail Auto parts chain.

I also agree with the above post..How much fuel were you runnning while running down the track. Big misconception is that some guys will empty their tanks for less weight but I personally wouldn't run it down the track with anything less than 1/4 tank.

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
You can pick it up at the local auto parts store. It looks just like carb cleaner but it reads MAF cleaner. Usually it's located in the same area in each retail Auto parts chain.

I also agree with the above post..How much fuel were you runnning while running down the track. Big misconception is that some guys will empty their tanks for less weight but I personally wouldn't run it down the track with anything less than 1/4 tank.

ok thanks..and i had 3/4 of a tank of fuel so fuel wash was def not the problem..if youve ever blown your vacuum line off of your fuel pressure regulator, it did the exact same thing that it does when that happens

Users who are viewing this thread