Feels like a new car

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Well guys, i finally finished my longtube and SRA swap this weekend. Took a little over a month to complete both in my garage on jackstands with assistance from me, myself and I. I'll try and get a vid or two of the exhaust if i can borrow a friends video camera for a day. It sounds pretty brutal to say the least.

Exhaust:
MAC LT's
Bassani O/R X
SLP powerflo dumps

SRA:
98 GT rear housing
Ford Racing 31 spline differential
Strange 31 spline axles
3.73 gears
Stock GT springs
Stock upper and lower Control arms
tokico blue shocks
1" spacers
morroso studs
eibach front and rear sway bars

Theres a small handling difference that i've noticed but not as bad as some make it out to be. What do you guys recomend for breaking in gears. how many miles etc. before i can start ripping on them??

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Thanks!!
I'll try and get some vids up in the next few days :rockon:

Yea i thought it was a couple hundred miles of easy driving. and i havent gotten to dive into any corners yet to try out the sway bars, the front is in fine but the rear bar is rattling around so i have to go back and check it out. Can i run without the rear swaybar on stock upper and lower control arms??

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
AXLE055.jpg

AXLE056.jpg

AXLE057.jpg

AXLE059.jpg

1" spacers with stock wheels
AXLE060.jpg

The front is much lower than the rear
AXLE061.jpg

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Dont mind my ratty ass front bumper, thats the next thing on the list, and the fishing line on the lisence plate was to avoid a ticket :dw:

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
cobrasvtcoupe25 : Thanks!!

po-po 5.0 : Yeah, for now im sticking with dumps but in the next few weeks im buying M55 mufflers from a member over on corral and i'll have an exhaust done up with Either SLP or Bassani tips :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread