feelings on buying "oasis" car

Cobra84

Established Member
My buddy i work with asked me whether or not he should buy a Oasis car. This was new to me, so i told him i would find out. Supposedly the car had problems that the owner did not like so Ford bought the car back from him and fixed everything, while putting a new engine in. The car has a clear title and my buddy wanted to purchase. Would any of you members to this site be worried about a car with a clear title, but with Ford buying it back early on to put a new engine and other misc parts in? oh, by the way- everything works perfect on the car at this time

04PBMGTO

GTO
Established Member
Well, I have %150 trust in all my techs. But i wouldn't just for the fact if it wasn't built right in the first place, how can you fix broken? Does that make sense? The most important thing is customer trust/satisfaction, In my mind all i would think every time something went wrong would be "Is this new or did this problem already happen?" It's a trust issue in my mind.

04PBMGTO

GTO
Established Member
I've had carfax reports come accross my desk saying all good, but the vehicle had tell tale signs of being in a wreck.

tl;dr? No.

Sapperstang

Established Member
This is not an 01 GT is it? Ford bought back a new 01 GT I bought that was a complete POS. I ran a carfax on it a few months ago after finding the vin and the damn thing has been out on the road ever since with no mention of it being a buyback on the carfax.

Cobra84

Established Member
thats weird, i guess carfax doesn't catch some things. Nah its not a 01 GT though. I wonder if what you said Ford did is against the law? It sounds like lying on a higher level.

Cobra84

Established Member
from my experience, when you put in the vin number to car fax- they will say in the description if they will give you the carfax buyback guarantee or not.

04PBMGTO

GTO
Established Member
If you give me the vin, i can run Ford oasis and check for problems. Also it will tell me all reapirs done under warranty.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I would if the price reflected it, I would also buy a rebuilt wreck for the the right money if it was a fine driving car.
Anything can be fixed and run reliably for a long long time. IMO, I have put alot of engines into a lot of cars and they run out fine.

03'Darin

Established Member
Not that it matters but it's not called an Oasis car. Oasis is our on line system through Ford that we use to access previous repair history and warranty information. They just refer to those cars as buy backs or possibly a lemon law car. The difference is a buy back is done voluntairly by the manufacture where the lemon law is when the customer takes it to court and the manufacturer is forced to buy it back.

I had a customers vehicle that Ford bought back, we drove it here for a while to make sure everything was ok and then re-sold it. The new buyer had great service from the car. That deal on the buy back was kind of the proverbial "oil for the squeaky wheel' deal.

The buy back cars through Ford have some extra warranty. I' haven't dealt with any for a while so I don't know what warranty they come with now.

The buy back program with Ford has tightened up dramatically over the last 10 years. The only stuff that gets bought back right now is pretty bad stuff.

Unless I was familiar with the car, all of the problems it's had and knew exactly what was done to fix it I wouldn't consider it. Not even for the price difference. But, to each their own.

Darin

Cobra84

Established Member
thanks for all of the responses. My buddy plans on getting the VIN number tomorrow. Once i get with a Ford Tech it should solve a lot of problems for him. Or atleast a lot of questions that maybe are not answered.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Carfax only looks for mileage rollbacks and damages. It doesnt normally pull bybacks because its not reported to them. Chuck did you get the vin? Just have the guy on here run it. As I said before I dont think it is a good idea

Cobra84

Established Member
yea i posted the vin in the carfax sticky, maybe he will look it up today or sometime soon. He said his account was running out soon, hopefully he renews.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Cobra84 said:
yea i posted the vin in the carfax sticky, maybe he will look it up today or sometime soon. He said his account was running out soon, hopefully he renews.

Or you could spend the $20.

Users who are viewing this thread