Feeler: SSR GT3 wheels. 18x9 and 18x 10

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
I bought these from a friend of a friend, and they needed a good amount of work. I sunk 300 into getting all the rash out, and polishing the lips. they are in almost perfect condition. I have simply decided to go to a stock cobra wheel again ( may be selling the car) and i know these are popular wheels.

The fronts have a 1 inch lip, and the rears a 2, or 2.5 inch lip. I would say if anything the wheels are in 8/10 shape, the centers have a few dings and could be powdercoated.

I have with the repair and polish almost 1200 in them, so i would like to get 1300 plus shipping.

text me for pictures

618 558 6496

thanks!

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Okay guys sorry it took me a while to get back on here.

Finally took payment on them, thanks for interest.

Sold

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
I bought these from a friend of a friend, and they needed a good amount of work. I sunk 300 into getting all the rash out, and polishing the lips. they are in almost perfect condition. I have simply decided to go to a stock cobra wheel again ( may be selling the car) and i know these are popular wheels.

The fronts have a 1 inch lip, and the rears a 2, or 2.5 inch lip. I would say if anything the wheels are in 8/10 shape, the centers have a few dings and could be powdercoated.

I have with the repair and polish almost 1200 in them, so i would like to get 1300 plus shipping.

text me for pictures

618 558 6496

thanks!

Update #2-

Dave has refunded the money, and the spacers are boxed up ready to go out first thing in the morning. He again offered me a full refund on the wheels.

Thanks for stepping up and making this right Dave.

UPDATE-

Dave and I have spoken, and reached an agreement. I will accept his refund of $300 and he is going to ship the spacers on Monday. Dave knows I am holding him to this. Dave also offered a full refund pending incoming money on his end. I told him I would keep the wheels and be satisfied with the refund as long as the damaged wheel is repairable by Weldcraft.

Dave is taking steps to make this right. I will post up Monday and update this when I get the money and spacers. I will also update on the wheel repair.

-Scott

Well Dave, I didn't want it to be like this but you have given me no other options.

On May 10th, I sent you a text message and asked if the wheels were still available.You said you had an offer/deal pending. I asked you to let me know if it falls through. You sent me a text on the 11th and said it may be falling through and after going back and forth on price we settled on a number. I pay pal'd you the money that night after it cleared in my account. You assured me the "lips are mint" and "I won't screw ya, my name on SVTP is good"
At approx 9:40 PM on the 11th I sent you a text and let you know I sent the payment and asked you to be responsable with packing becasue I didn't want them to get damaged in shipping.

So, I don't here anything so I send you a text on May 17th. I asked when I should be expecting the wheels, and your reply was "I was waiting to hear when u wanted me to. U said something about after the 20th. I can whenever you'd like"

This was my first red flag.

I responded, " No, you must have me confused with someone else, your good to ship as soon as you can"

You responded" lol I got so many messages. Ok... I'll get them out tomorrow"

A few more days go by and nothing.

On the 21st you text me and give me a story about how crazy your week was and how you don't have a license and you were trying to sort it out with DMV and got arrested and whatever. The wheels still did not ship.

Second red flag.

On the 22nd you send a picture of the wheels in the back of a SUV and tell me that your on the way to ship them. The you text me that "UPS didn't have a box the right size for the wheels with tires on them" and that " I'm going to a box store tomorrow to get a custom size and do it right. They will for SURE go out tomorrow. I'm sorry man. This shouldn't take this long"
I respond saying "alright, please LMK and get them out tomorrow" I told you that I had someone lined up to buy my current wheels, and I'm waiting on you.
On the 23rd you text me saying " I have a problem man" and that they want too much to ship the wheels. I told you I can't pay any more and to try other shipping carriers. I said it's been almost two weeks and they haven't even shipped yet. You offered to refund me, but I told you I wanted the wheels and to try other carriers before giving up. You wanted me to send another $50 to help, but I said no, we agreed on a price and I paid that price. You found a pack and place shipping company and shipped them there.

The wheels shipped on May 23rd. I paid you May 11th.

Whatever, The wheels are finally shipped. We had some small talk about your car and your girlfriend situation, and you got me tracking numbers.

On May 31st the wheels arrived. I sent you this text-
"Hey Dave, I got the wheels yesterday and have a few problems. I'm disappointed in the condition of the wheels, I feel like your discription was not accurate. The wheels are also not the size you stated in the ad, the fronts are only 8.5 wide. I also don't know how you even mounted them on your car, because they will not fit on mine, the hub size is incorrect. Due to the condition and the wheels not fitting and being the wrong size, the only feasible way to resolve this is I can ship them back to you and you refund me."

You told me "Hey I told you about the centers man. And I also thought I threw in spacers, they fit on the front with 3/8 spacers. I thought I was fair in describing them man. Let's resolve this. I cannot loose on shipping and have them sent back and all that. However I am willing to refund some money i'f we can resolve it that way."

"the fronts are 8.5 my mistake but the rears are ten. That was an honest mistake."

"So the fronts will fit with a spacer, I can refund money so you can have them
powdercoated free. and all you need is rear tires and you I'm sure will he happy
with them"

I responded-
"The spacers were not in the box. Also, on of the rear wheel lips is dented in."

"I can send you a picture later when i get home, but it wasn't damaged in
shipping. Listen, at this point I'd rather send them back and loose my money on shipping and get refunded. The wheels don't fit, are the wrong size, and in
worse condition then I was led to believe. The only way I can keep the wheels is
with a good sized refund so I can pay to have them repaired."

Your response was-
"you keep saying they don't fit I don't get that? With spacers on the front they do. And what needs repaired? I told you the centers were not in good shape so I am not following"

"I would not be able to refund you a full return man. That money is already spent so I would have to wait a while before I could send u a full refund"

"I'm willing to work with you though man. Don't think I'm going to be a jerk. I'm just tied up on refunding you"

My response-
"The hub size is wrong, and I didnt see the spacers in the box so they won't bolt on. I know you said the centers could use powder coat, but they are beat, chipped, scratched and corroded, the paint is flaking off in chunks. The one rear lip is dented. Clearly not 8/10 and the lips mint like you said. I don't want to argue either, just disappointed and out a lot of money."

You responded-
"Well bolt pattern is right so spacers will fix the hub size. And ad for the centers when they powdercoat they will sandblast and sand them down, I got a quote for 300 for all the wheels centers by a shop here"

"I'm sorry you are dissapointed so let's try and work together to fix it. There
should be no DENT though that's what is throwing me'"

I responded-
"I will take pictures of the wheel tonight. I'm not trying to scam you or anything. $300 sounds about right on powdercoating from the shopping around I have done. Let me get a some quotes and powder and to fix the rear dent, and we can agree on the appropriate refund so we are both happy."
Now, I think I'm being REAL understanding. I personally contact TWO local wheel repar businesses and they were unable or unwilling to attempt to repair the wheel and damage it more. I completely understand this. I searched out wheel repair companies and found The Wheel Warehouse in OH. I contacted them with a quote and sent pictures. They responded with a $370 quote to repair the wheel. I text you today to let you know, and sent a copy of the quote to your email.

Here are the emails-

Dave-

Well, unfortunately I have had no luck local at this point. I had an alloy wheel repair guy take a look and he said he does not have the ability to fix the damage due to where it is. I also took in to another local welding/metal fab shop across town, that have fixed wheels in the past for me. He also said he is not very confident that he could repair the wheel due to the damage being close to the outer lip, and how the lip is shaped. He said he could try, but not make any promises.

I was able to get in contact with a wheel repair company out of OH, and they said they could repair the wheel, at a hefty price tag of close to $400 dollars. I will forward you the quote.

I just don't think this is going to work out. I don't want to risk more damage by someone repairing it that does not know what they are doing, so I'm not looking to send it to your guy for repair.

At this point, I think it would just be easier on both of us if you refund me the money and I ship them back to you.

-Scott

-----Original Message-----
To: sting8436 <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, May 31, 2012 5:02 pm
Subject: RE: SSR wheel pictures

To be honest i dont ever remember seeing that. like i said i had all the curb rash taken out and the lips done. i dont know if maybe it happened at the shop but thats the only thing i can think of because i have never even had tires on them. tell you what? if you want to send that wheel back, i can have my guy fix it for 45 bucks. i will pay, and pay to ship it back. then i will help with powdercoating cost as well. i know those lips will shine up even better with some mothers and a powerball.

Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: SSR wheel pictures
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 16:58:14 -0400

Dave-

See attached wheel pictures. You can see in-between the two post-it notes where the wheel is bent/dented, it is hard to capture in a picture, but if you notice the reflection is not even, that's where the damage is. It looks like the wheel was hit with something from the back side along the damaged area, I assume an attempt to repair.

Thanks,

-Scott

Here is the quote-

Estimate for repair is $370 plus shipping (29.90) and turnaround is four days. If you are interested print this email, fill out the attached form and send them in with your wheel.

Thank You

The Wheel Warehouse Inc.
4600 Gateway Circle
Dayton, OH 45440
937-291-2332
1-800-941-6400
[email protected]
Home | Used Wheels and Used Rims, alloy and aluminum, used and reconditioned The Wheel Warehouse Inc - Factory Original Wheels, Used Wheels, OEM Rims
an ACU-TRU® Authorized Dealer
All wheels are guaranteed to be tru and straight utilizing the ACU-TRU® System. Licensing opportunities
available in all 50 states. Shop for wheel repair machines, training and become an ACU-TRU® Authorized Dealer at ACU-TRU® The Nation's Foremost Wheel and Rim Repair System.

His response-
"Get a quote from weldcraft it shouldn't be 400!"

"This is crazy and I have pictures of before I sent them that dent had to have
been something along the way man. I would have noticed that"

My response-
"The dent didn't happen on the way. It was dented there before, someone tried to fix it. You can see heat marks and tool marks where someone pounded it back from the inside. The boxes were fine, no shipping damage."

"I'll email weldcraft then I'm done dude."

His response-
"Well I'm calling the guy I bought them from becusse he said they were fine"

"I still don't know why u can't ship me' the one rim. My guy said he can fix for
75. I'll pay shipping both ways"

My response-
"I don't want the wheel damaged more that it is at this point. I don't know your guy or his skills, and would rather leave it to a professional, that if they can't repair it will say so. If there was an issue after the repair, then a business not one individual will be responsible for the wheel. Someone already
tried to repair it. I don't know if it was your guy, but the "repair" sucks. The
lip on the bead is rolled over and pinched, making it hollow. Too much heat or
force in that area will damage it. I don't even know if the wheel will hold air
now."

His response-
"The guy I used was pretty reputable in this area . Not a no name. Send it back and I will make it right"

My response-
"Weldcraft is my last effort in this situation. If you want to use
your guy you can, after you refund me and I ship the wheels back you can have
them repaired to re-sell. We have gone back and forth too long and this just
needs to be resolved."

His response-
"ok I wasn't planning on refunding you I though that's the problem. I disnt think you were going to have an issue and you got a good deal. I literally don't have the money to refund you rift now. U said we could work this out"

"I just talked to my guy and told him there was a peoblem when he refinished them and it looked like there was a dent. He sai he would repair it for free. Send it back and I can have it perfect and I'll pay shipping"

I responded-
"I'm trying to work this out with you. I have contacted three people about
repairing the damaged wheel, and Imwaiting on a fourth. The problem is the
wheels are not what you said they were. They aren't even the size you said they were. The hub rings are the wrong size so they won't even bolt up unless I buy spacers. I would have gotten a good deal if they were an 8 out of 10 and the lips mint like you said. You want to work it out? Refund me $500. I think that's fair considering they aren't the size or condition you said they were and that I have to buy spacers to put them on."

You responded-
"I have told u before I will send spacers. Dude they are off by half inch. And I
clearly said the centers needed to be finished, and the lips just need some tlc
and mothers!"

"Spacers are like 100 bucks I will mail u some . And the bent wheel I said I
would take care of but you are hesitant to send it back. I'm trying to fix it
but you only want it done on" your terms""

Me-
"So your not going to refund me any money?"

You-
"No I am but I don't know about 500. That seems a but much when my guy is quoting me' 75 for wheel repair and I said I would send u spacers. And I will even pay 200 to get them powdercoated. Ao I was thinking 250. I am telling u to shop it here and I will pay or all shipping and to repair the bend"

"You have to think I'm paying Shipping , loosing both tires and repair. If I were
to do all that and send u 500 it's like I got....900 bucks for those wheels ."

Me-
"So, I'm taking a loss. The reason I want things on my terms is because when I
took your word i got wheels that were the wrong size, don't fit and are bent
and in-worse condition than advertised. When am I getting my money."

You-
"ok let's go over this again. The fronts are a half inch smaller. That doesn't
matter when a tire is on it. They do fit with a spacer and im sending those. And
I said I would get the bend fixed .... And chip in for powdercoating. I'm
failing to see where your at a loss when I'm fixing all these things you are
unhappy with!!!!"

Me-
"It's obvious we're not seeing this eye to eye. I'm taking a loss because I want
a refund, and it's obvious that you are not going to do that. Bottom line the
wheels are not what you said they were in your ad. It's cut and dry. Your guy
will fix for $75. That's nice, but I'm not using your guy. So we have no idea
what the repair is going to cost to fix a wheel that is 8/10 and has a mint lip.
You said you were going to send the spacers last week. I still don't have them.
It's going to cost anywhere from $200-300 for the centers to be powdercoated

So as of now I'm out-
$1650 for the wheels
$370 + shipping for repair. Still waiting to here form Weldcraft
$100 for spacers
$200-300 for powdercoat.

I'm done arguing about it. I know when I make mistakes I man up and make it
right. When can you have the money to me."

You-
"I'm trying to make it right, your not getting what I'm saying. Imyeying to help
and u aren't letting me'. I will send the spacers , I will pay to have it
repaired bit you don't want to send me' the wheel. I will have the bend perfect
before I go sending it back to you"

"And I'm offering to help pay powdercoat, that wasn't even part of the first deal"

"So don't quote 370 for wheel repair becuse I'm offering to have that done and u aren't letting me'. We aren't seeing wye to eye becusse you don't WANt me' to help fix it"

"Look I want to work this out I don't want u to be unhappy but you have to work with me'"

Me-
"I told you I'm not comfortable with your guy repairing the wheels. You should
respect that. Just refund me $300 and ship me the spacers. I just want to get
this over with."

You-
"Well I do too but that would net me' after it's said and done 1000 for those
wheels AND you already have tires for the front"

"I can't respect that you aren't willing to budge and let me' fix that wheel bias"

"Wheel:)" <---WTF? :dw:

Me-
"Ok. So you are willing to pay $250 but not $300? But you said you would pay to ship and repair the wheel? So I only want $50 more and you don't have to pay to ship the wheel or repair it. I don't see what the problem is."

You-
"It will cost me' nothing to repair the wheel. And these guys do good work so
he's trying to fix it. I wouldn only be out shipping"

Me-
"Shipping both ways would be over $50. Either way I'm done. You have had more than enough opportunities to make this right. PayPal me the $250. We keep going round and round, do you want me to give up? Is this a game?"

You-
"No dude but look I have kpwt in contact , been trying to work with you and I
work two jobs. I understand your upset but I have been nothing but civil with
you, and you are being a bit i'f a dick and demanding. Period. I should just say
fu@k off the deal is done sorry. But I'm not. Yet you continue to he
condescending."

Me-
"Ok. Well sorry to hurt your feelings. Are you going to refund the $250 or not"

You-
"I've had opportunities? You said you were going to get back with me' so I was
waiting."

"Not my feelings, but you really expect someone to work with u when your being a prick?"

Me-
"Ok dude. Thanks."

"Remember YOU said this?"

"So the fronts will fit with a spacer, I can refund money so you can have them
powdercoated free. and all you need is rear tires and you I'm sure will he happy
with them"

You-
"Yah piwdercoating shouldn't be 500"

Me-
"That's correct, but now you shut down and won't even send $250, what you offered to refund. Dude I'm pissed. How am I supposed to act? I have old beat up wheels, Sorry my standards are higher than yours. Mint to me is mint. Not dented and chipped and corroded. I don't know what else to do. I'm sure you don't like me texting you all the time buy you got the cash and I got old used up wheels that were not as advertised. Sorry if that makes me a prick. I tried to be nice and not get personal and call names. You did that."

You-
"Dude can I Just call you? This is ridiculous"

Me-
"No thanks, I'm done talking about it. Refund the $250 if you want, this is going down as a life lesson for me."
This is where I'm leaving it. I've wasted enough of MY time and energy trying to be reasonable and work it out. I'd like to think not one other person on here would have put up with it this long, and would have told you to kick rocks right from the begining.

Your last response was-
"You want to deal with this over text is the problem ! You are shutting down not me' . If you wanted a perfect pair you would have paid 1800 without tires !!! That's where I'm coming from . I NEVER saud the centers were mint !"

So your a scammer and a liar. This is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. AVOID HIM AT ALL COSTS!

Here are the pictures of the 8 out of 10 wheels with "mint" lips that were just reworked. They are garbage. No wonder you sold them.

031.jpg

030.jpg

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

014.jpg

019.jpg

No shipping damage-

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Look, another person you lied too-

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nk-lethal-polished-tank-both-great-shape.html

Last edited:

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
This whole "Marketplace" thing here is starting to become questionable lately.
Meaning, these type of threads/posts are multiplying rapidly. Sorry for your mishap, but it does sound like seller was trying to compromise and make things right. With that said, seller did over describe wheels.....more like 6.5/10
Fortunate for me, I've been lucky and have delt with nothing but stand up sellers with excellent communication.
I hate reading things like this......makes me reconsider BIG MONEY purchases (discount or not).

Last edited:

Shoeman 1

Established Member
Can't you contest that with PayPal, if that doesn't work go back to your Credit Card Company. They might be able to put pressure on him. That is just not right I Feel for you, wheels are pretty much junk as they sit now.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Me being stupid, sent the money as a gift through PayPal to avoid paying the extra 4% he wanted for fees. I tried to make a dispute, but can't because the money was not sent for "goods or services"

SVT_Troy

Established Member
damn, i would never pay as a gift with large purchases....sucks to hear but glad your putting it in the light for everyone to see. IMHO this is B.S. and the seller got over..... No way you not know what your selling......

SVTPete83

Established Member
Me being stupid, sent the money as a gift through PayPal to avoid paying the extra 4% he wanted for fees. I tried to make a dispute, but can't because the money was not sent for "goods or services"

Got bit is right. Looks like you got bit. Never pay for anything as a gift through PayPal unless you know the person. That 56 bucks would have saved you some heartache. Also there were no pics in the original add. Did you receive pics of the wheels before purchase? Not saying this seller has not been shady, cuzz it looks like he was. But you need to protect yourself as the buyer when dealing with people or companies you do not know...

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Yes, the irony. I got bit.

Hindsight is 20-20, and it is what it is.

I know, I am a man. I work hard and believe in honestly and integrity. I believe in a handshake. I get proved more and more that it's foolish in these times.

I can't tell you how many times I have bought and sold stuff off of forums and every deal went 100% with all parties involved happy. If not, I stepped up and made things right. I can only think of one instance where something didn't work out. I sold a KB pulley a few months back and it didn't fit the persons KB. I refunded and aplogized profusely for the inconvience and refunded his money. Because I'm a man.

He sent pictures. They were crappy cell phone pictures and I told him I didn't want to be dissapointed when they arrive, and he lied and siad they were mint.

The paypal gift was also lesson learned.

So now I'll do what I always do. Invest my hard honest work into these piece of shit,bent, corroded,non fitting, not 9in wheels and make them look brand new.

The purpose of this is not for pitty, it's to let others know not to get ripped off.

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Sorry to hear UgotBit03.
This is my worst nightmare when I decide to buy wheels on here!
THIS is the reason why I haven't bought the BBS RK wheels for sale as the seller has not provided enough close up pictures and I'm terrified of shipping these wheels.
Either way, good luck and keep us updated!

SVTPete83

Established Member
Yes, the irony. I got bit.

Hindsight is 20-20, and it is what it is.

I know, I am a man. I work hard and believe in honestly and integrity. I believe in a handshake. I get proved more and more that it's foolish in these times.

I can't tell you how many times I have bought and sold stuff off of forums and every deal went 100% with all parties involved happy. If not, I stepped up and made things right. I can only think of one instance where something didn't work out. I sold a KB pulley a few months back and it didn't fit the persons KB. I refunded and aplogized profusely for the inconvience and refunded his money. Because I'm a man.

He sent pictures. They were crappy cell phone pictures and I told him I didn't want to be dissapointed when they arrive, and he lied and siad they were mint.

The paypal gift was also lesson learned.

So now I'll do what I always do. Invest my hard honest work into these piece of shit,bent, corroded,non fitting, not 9in wheels and make them look brand new.

The purpose of this is not for pitty, it's to let others know not to get ripped off by this scumbag.

I am def with you on all accounts. I have had some great Internet transactions, and some where I learned a hard lesson as well. Good luck with the wheels. Hopefully dude will make it right. Either way, thanks for the warning

SCMOKN

Established Member
That sucks! Wheels were not as described,plain and simple.

Dave needs to man up and refund the money,at a minimum pay to have it repaired at the shop of your choice as it looks like "HIS GUY" does not do very good work.

I have sold some high dollar items in the past and I do not spend the money until the buyer has the item and is satisfied.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
I was the original buyer. For 1300 I was going to buy them and try to sell em for more... When I saw the rear lips were small that was a turnoff for me. Also I was in Texas and didn't want him to
Ship the wheels until the 20th. Because I wanted to be home for them. I have big brakes on my car so they wouldn't of fit anyways. He got a lot of attention and bumped up the price to 1700. I lost interest and then he said 1550 shipped. I'm glad I didn't buy them now, sorry
About your loss. I bought 4 Saleens on
eBay opened a case because I
Never received them, he shipped them tracked them so the case closed.
Got them with one wheel cracked missing a big chunk. Closed his eBay
An PayPal and couldn't open a dispute. Thanks to Craig'slist I got a new 18x9z sorry about your loss, most wheel sellers on here are standup guys
Who paid big bucks an want that in return. Lesson learned about gift payments though. I only trust popular members on here. Gifted natev8 300 the other day for a weld wheel. Good luck on the repairs and outcome. Beware of people in desperate need for
Money, it will be spent before you can even make a complaint....

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member

For the life of me I don't know why people do this.

Paying via a gift, IMO, is the absolute dumbest thing you can do in regards to an online transaction with a stranger.

:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread