Feeler: FS Sonic Blue Convertible

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
closing my thread, I now understand what people feel about the car and the price. I will be posting it up for sale at a lower price on a new thread.

Last edited:

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
listed the prices to show what was all done to and paid for to somewhat justify my asking price?

lafeva

Established Member
20k is way too high IMO.. its got gt seats and 90k miles. There's two sb coupes in pa for sale right now with 45k miles one for 19u one for 21.

onefst87

Established Member
GLWS man. I love SB verts., thats why I bought one. I don't think your going to get too many bidders @ $20k. Thats what I paid for mine and it had alot more stuff on it and 58k miles. Probably more like $17-18 and it will be gone. It sucks that you had to do all the extra work a month after you bought it, but what can you do. Its ten years old with 88k miles on it. Good Luck again.

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
yeah, well, it is priced high, but that's the point of the "feeler". To ask the question "do you feel like paying that for it? " or "what do you think is a fair price for it?" I'm not dead set on price, that's just my starting point. I figured someone would give me 18kish?

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what you bought the car for and how much you've put into it. Bottom line, the KBB for your car in good to very good condition is $16k-$17k.

As a data point, I bought my 03 sonic blue coupe with 88,000 miles on it for $17,200 from a dealer last year. It gave me way more minor problems than I had time for. I corrected most. Also came to find out it had some paint rework from what I believe was a minor accident. I sold it with 99,000 miles for $13,000. Good personal example of paying too much for something and losing money on the back end.

I will say your car looks clean and it appears you've done a good job getting it to a respectable condition with the minor repairs you've done. The GT seats are going to turn off a lot of people though.

I hope things all work out for the best. GLWS!

Woody6799

Established Member
Thats the one from NY with the GT interior... If I am not wrong they had it listed at $18/19 at the dealership...

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
Got it in pa near cabelas. Car is originally from maryland? Interior pics by Friday afternoon.

Anyone who is interested please understand I'm asking high assuming you'll offer lower. Ill consider all reasonable offers.

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
Why were the seats replaced, out of curiosity?

I don't believe the seats were changed mainly due to the car began its life as a fleet vehicle. There was at least one owner before the dealership I bought it from who obvoisly took good care of it. The engine bay sparkled. I know the dealership didn't take care of it because when I went to look at it, the outside was utterly filthy and they didn't seem to care too much about the car. If anything that owner was picky and liked the cloth seats over leather? I'm just guessing, I do know some were made with cloth seats. Ill get pictures after I get out of work. In my opinion, when I seen the pictures of the seats first thing that came to my mind was no way am I buying it and keeping those ugly seats, but once I looked at them in person they weren't that bad.

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
My girlfriend bought an awesome color car everything she wanted but the seats were leather and she's allergic to real leather so she ripped them out and bought cloth seats. My 99 had leather seats and they had signs of wear at 25k miles. Maybe they wore out from being the fleet vehicle and someone was cheap and got cloth seats? I don't know what to tell you. My assumption was it came with cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread