FEELER: eaton swap 01 cobra motor

Richter888

Established Member
About 60k miles on the motor. About 12k since the swap almost 1.5 years ago. Car runs strong still. Only complaint is some smoked on startup every once in a while. Leads me to believe its the valve stem seals are going out, which when pulling the motor I plan to replace them anyways.

I want to sell the entire engine with harness, computer, 03 cluster, ac, headers, heat exchanger with all the piping, the lethal performance intercooler reservoir and possibly exhaust with it. I will get some pics ups later. Motor has several upgrades as listed.

1. Fore fuel rails
2. 80lb deka injectors
3. return style setup
4. gords heat exchanger

There is more, I just cant think of all of it right now. The only reason I'm doing this is because I'm almost finished with fixing my 1984 300zx turbo car. I really really want to do a coyote swap in my 01 cobra and go back to N/A. If I sell the engine and combine it with what I have saved up, I should be able to do the swap. Plus it gives me time to clean up my engine bay.

I'm curious as to some of the offers. I would like to deal locally so that a person can actually come check out the car. Motor would come with an extra set of 03 cobra rods, 03 cobra heads, and a 03 cobra crank. This is perfect for a mod swap fox. Considering all the parts I have, you can see where I was going with this car. Was going to go for shit tons of power. I realize now that I like corner carving much more!

I'll get some pics up later.

Richter888

Established Member
pictures

Here they are finally. I been a bit lazy lately. Cant really go out and do much when your trying to save money.

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

Again, this is a feeler for the moment. Either way, sometime early next year this motor is going to come out. Feel free to simply shoot me an offer of what you think its worth. I would still like to deal locally as much as possible.

I forgot to mention that this would also come with the clutch and flywheel listed in my sig.

Richter888

Established Member
I'm really terrible at making prices. I was hoping someone else would make offers. considering all the goodies, I think starting at 7k is fair. If it were one package that is. This would include basically everything. computer, wiring, supercharger setup, engine, flywheel, clutch, cluster, etc... Minus transmission of course. Also keep in mind this comes with heads, rods, and another crank. Though, I would just reuse the one in it. I was going to put together a forged motor outside the car. That way I could just swap everything when I was ready.

Let me know what you guys think.

Again this is a feeler. Make offers. I know some are going to say 7k is high. Think about whats included though please. Hell, my fuel system might be going with it too. Not sure why I'm going to need a dual pump system. I should probably go to a single high vol external pump if I go to a n/a coyote.

acdrew

Established Member
are you willing to sell the 03 cobra heads and full eaton setup? If so how much i have a vortec v1 that i am considering getting rid of.

Richter888

Established Member
are you willing to sell the 03 cobra heads and full eaton setup? If so how much i have a vortec v1 that i am considering getting rid of.

Stick to the vortech. I got a buddy who has one on his 2000 gt. He can keep up with me pretty easily and he spent way less. My car handles way better though lol.

Users who are viewing this thread