FEELER... Chrome 03/04 Rims with Nittos

MSUBlake827

Established Member
A few months ago, I had my set of 03/04 rims rechromed by CalChrome in California. The rims underwent a few weeks worth of polishing and coating, and I even had them polish out the inner barrel for that extra touch. They took care of any balancing issues the rims may have had, and I even had them mount my tires for me so that I knew the rims would not be damaged by anyone locally before they had a chance to installed on my truck.

The rims look amazing, but I have not even had a chance to mount them on my truck for pictures. I rewrapped them as soon as I inspected them and stored them in my room awaiting the time when I would be ready to start driving my truck more often. During this time, I have been throwing around ideas and considering other wheel options. I really would like some wider rears and have been thinking about sending in a set to Weldcraft to be widened in the rear and narrowed in the front.

So I want to offer these up for now to see what I may be able to get for them. The tires that are mounted are Nitto 555s in the front with approximately 75% tread left and Nitto 555Rs in the rear with approximately 50% tread left. I will include a set of chrome OEM SVT center caps, not the knockoffs with the lightning bolt instead of SVT. I even have a set of OEM lug nuts and locking lug nuts if needed. The valve stems I have installed are flush mounts from Summit and look even better than I thought they would.

To break it down, each wheel was $125 to chrome plate plus $100 per wheel for inner barrel polishing. Add in shipping and packaging both ways, and the price is not very laughable.

Again, this is only a feeler. I am just considering options. I will not sell unless I feel it is worth it.

I do not want to have to unwrap and rewrap the wheels unless necessary, but another member, Westray, had the same processing done to his wheels at the same time mine were there and took these pictures of them.

HPIM0420.gif

HPIM0421.gif

Users who are viewing this thread